General Manager Night Moves
- Date Posted March 18, 2023
- Location South Portland, ME
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Night Moves is a bakery driven by our philosophy of utilizing local, sustainable, stone-milled grain to create delicious, nourishing food for our community.
We aim to bake your daily bread - a daily bread made from healthy grains, grown by farmers who work to steward the soil. A daily bread made on a human scale, critically considering the systems that go into its production. A daily bread reflecting the global traditions of fermentation and intuition that have been handed down for generations.
We are excited to be moving to a new home this spring - 695 Broadway in South Portland, on the Fore River side of the Casco Bay Bridge. We will be offering expanded bakery retail, coffee, outdoor seating and saltwater views.
Night Moves is seeking a highly motivated and creative professional to serve as our General Manager. The General Manager will oversee the retail side of the business, manage day-to-day operations, scheduling, training, and create systems to ensure that our team can thrive. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and communication skills, be an active learner/listener, and be able to balance independent decision-making with collaboration.
Night Moves is a small hand-crafted operation, and we consider our bakery to be a sanctuary. We believe that the key to our success is our people, and as such, we are looking for someone who is highly organized, adaptable, and committed to creating an inclusive and respectful work environment. As the General Manager, you play a critical role in building and maintaining this environment. The ideal candidate will have a high level of emotional intelligence and a demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and coordinate teams. Our overall goal is to create a comfortable, joyful, creative ecosystem for our team.
- Ensure an excellent in-store customer experience in alignment with established vision and mission
- Build off of established brand identity to maintaining shop aesthetic and quality
- Develop pricing, merchandising, and customer experience strategies that meet the needs of the neighborhood
- Work closely with ownership to implement and create operation systems
- Oversee retail operations, including training, scheduling, and managing staff communications
- Contribute to building staff and team handbook
- Oversee ordering and inventory
- Manage shop-wide waste and sustainability initiatives
- Manage general shop upkeep and maintenance
- Hold the customer facing email account
- Perform floor positions as needed, including lead salesperson in the store
A successful candidate will have:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Strong experience front-facing in a food setting
- Customer service experience at a management level, including experience in hiring, training, evaluating, compensating, and firing
- A consistent and strong work ethic
- Physical ability to work on feet for many hours and clean as you go
- Good conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- A basic level of digital literacy (basic computer skills, Google Suite, Microsoft Excel, point-of-sales systems, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to develop systems
- Desire and willingness to learn new skills
- Alignment with Night Moves’ vision and mission.
Compensation and Work Schedule:
This is a salaried position DOE, and workdays are generally 7-9 hours per day, 5 days per week, including break time, depending on seasonal fluctuations.
Benefits: 1 hour PTO per 20 hours worked, healthcare stipend, paid holidays, 1 week paid sick leave, complimentary bread and treats, access to bulk buying membership, professional development reimbursement
Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineApril 01, 2023