Livestock Farm and Processing Crew Maple Wind Farm
- Date Posted March 25, 2023
- Location Richmond, VT
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
Spend the season in Vermont’s green pastures raising a variety of pastured livestock, developing a broad spectrum of agricultural skills, and learning the ins and outs of professional poultry processing. Join a team of dedicated, hard-working, goofy individuals who support, teach, and learn from each other every day!
We’re seeking passionate individuals to join our Pasture-Based Livestock Farm and Processing Crew. Crew members will work both out in the field (75% of the week) and in the processing unit (25% of the week). Crew members will have a hand in all aspects of farm & unit operations, contributing throughout the entire field-to-plate process. Ideal crew members will possess a positive attitude & sense of humor, can remain flexible and innovative on the job, and exhibit a strong interest in regenerative agriculture. Benefits include:
- Wages ranging from $15-17/hour, D.O.E.
- A 4-day workweek (10-hour days, 7am to 5pm)
- Access to free meats and eggs when available.
- Staff discount at our on-farm and online stores.
- Workers Compensation Insurance.
Potential crew members must be willing to work (1) weekend day per week. Position begins early May and lasts until early December. Farming/outdoor working experience is preferred but not required!
Why Should You Apply?
- A fantastic farm culture that is built on principles of integrity and respect.
- Our great location is just 20 minutes away from Burlington, with easy access to outdoor pursuits such as hiking, fishing, mountain biking and hunting.
- We offer competitive wages and benefits, and hold a strong commitment to a 4-day work week.
- Contributing to a local food system, while regenerating soil and water resources.
Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $15.00 - $17.00 Application instructions