Communications & Operations Manager Bon Vivants Hospitality
- Date Posted March 30, 2023
- Location San Franisco, CA
- Category Business / Design
- Job type Full-Time
Bon Vivants Hospitality is an internationally-recognized leader in hospitality. BVH engages with multiple sectors of the hospitality industry, most notably as the owner and operator of Trick Dog, James Beard-nominated and Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Award-winning bar in the Mission District of San Francisco and its new brand extension, Quik Dog. Additionally, BVH’s marketing agency, The Bon Vivants, creates trade advocacy programs for spirits brands large and small with goals ranging from brand launch to brand revitalization. The agency has also created and produced initiatives including national competitions, high-quality POS and creative brand collateral, and uniquely tailored launch events.
Philanthropy and community engagement have always been at the core of what Bon Vivants Hospitality sets out to accomplish. Through The Bon Vivants’ fundraising event Pig & Punch, the sale of Trick Dog's menus, and other endeavors, Bon Vivants Hospitality has donated over $850,000 to charitable organizations with the vast majority going to The Bon Vivants Scholarship in partnership with ScholarMatch. Another recent initiative, the BV Run Club, is centered on physical, mental, and social fitness and gathers folks of all backgrounds for group runs.Job description
About the Position: This role would be required to wear many hats and touch many operational and communication-related functions within the organization. Bon Vivants Hospitality is in the early stages of opening an exciting, large project and the person in this position would be an integral part of that process. Candidates would be entering at an important growth stage of the company and someone with a strong work ethic would be in a position to build their own career path within the organization depending on their skillset and journey. The perfect candidate is someone with very strong problem-solving skills and excellent time management abilities.
- Engage in original storytelling and brand building across all relevant social media channels and actively manage those accounts and platforms.
- Content creation e.g. design and copywriting for menus, flyers, signage, internal and external presentations, and other assets.
- Basic website management.
Special Events and Projects
- Manage event logistics for recurring one-off and offsite events.
- Manage ad hoc projects from start to finish.
- Coordinate with vendors for events e.g. rental companies, printers, sponsors, and various other partners.
- Client relationship management.
Office Management and Executive Assistant to the Founder
- Day-to-day office organization and supply ordering for the headquarters and occasionally Trick Dog.
- Communication with the accounting team to facilitate invoicing and payments.
- Assist with calendar management and scheduling.
- Attend regular meetings with the management team and take notes.
- Inbox management of main company email accounts.
- Administrative support to Trick Dog General Manager.
- Intermediate graphic design skills (bonus: proficient in Adobe creative suite e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Proficient writing skills.
- Experienced Microsoft Office and Google Drive user.
- Photo and video editing capabilities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Dexterity and temperament to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Confidence to operate autonomously.
- Ability to delegate tasks as needed.
- Comfortable with technology e.g. ability to research and implement new technologies and apps to help streamline tasks.
- Unrestricted vacation policy subject to approval.
- Dog-friendly, casual office environment.
- Full health and dental benefits.
- A flexible path to growth and room to take abilities to the next level.
- Discounts at company businesses.