Back of House Lead LB Kitchen
- Date Posted April 14, 2023
- Location Portland, ME
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
$25 - $35/hr DOE
Shift Meal + Beverage
The primary role of the Back of House Lead is to ensure that LB Kitchen’s Back of House is running in a consistent, efficient and organized way. This person sets the tone for the BOH team by establishing norms, leading by example, and overseeing the day to day Kitchen operations.
The objective of this role is to establish a point person in the kitchen as it relates to ordering, prep list management, food quality and successful service.
The BOH Lead will work alongside, and report to, the Management team - Chef, General Manager (GM) and Operations Director (OD). This person will collaborate with the FOH Lead, and will work with the established and seasoned BOH team.
Our ideal candidate is someone who will work Friday-Tuesday, 8 hour shifts between the hours of 7a-7p. Scheduled hours will be determined collaboratively upon hire between the BOH Lead and the Management team.
To be successful in this position you are; a clear communicator, organized, dynamic, flexible, positive in spirit and self motivated.
- Contribute to and cultivate a staff culture of inclusion, mutual respect, and strong work ethic
- Take pride and ownership in the product we create and serve
- Have a thorough knowledge of the menu, ingredients and plating
- Maintain relationships with vendors as a representative of LB Kitchen
- Attend and participate in leadership meetings & check-ins
- To be fully trained and have the ability to execute all BOH positions (Line, Prep, Dish, Expo)
- Experience in Commercial Kitchens, both in Prep and Line
- Leadership experience
- Quick, clean hands
- Basic knife skills (at minimum)
- Full understanding of kitchen and food safety (State Food Safety Certified)
- Basic tech proficiency – email, online ordering, scheduling apps
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long period of time
- Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs up/down stairs
Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline