Quirky & Classy Foodie Tour Guide Avital Food+Drink Experience
- Date Posted May 04, 2023
- Location New york city, NY
- Category Culinary / Education
- Job type Part-Time
Our Avital company core values:
Build Awesome Experiences
Our Avital Mission: To deepen human connections through interactive food and drink experiences.
10 years and counting
100,000 guests and counting
What Avital Guides have to say about the job:
“I love the moment when a guest’s eyes light up with delight! It is such a good feeling to introduce people to a new flavor or experience.”
“By setting aside a few hours to share a meal with other people, there is a unique opportunity for deeper connection. As a culinary guide, I get to tell the stories of neighborhoods and their unforgettable restaurants. But maybe the greater privilege I have is challenging guests to share their own stories.”
“As an Avital guide, I get to listen and create intentional space for people to feel seen and heard and valued for a few hours in a day. That’s why I love being a guide. Because it’s an active opportunity to love and serve people. And we get to eat tons of yummy food along the way!”
“I love the flexibility this job gives me. I can do my regular full time job and have this as a fun side gig!”
“Getting to know the restaurateurs in the neighborhood has been a great experience – it expedites you into becoming a regular local!”
Pay and perks:
- $20/hr base rate + tips
- Tips on top! (average total base+tips =$35-50/hour)
- Employee, not contractor
- You set your available hours
- Foodie team outings
- Women-owned business, inclusive team atmosphere
- 11 years in business
- Opportunities for growth within the company
- Passion for people, storytelling, and food + drink
- Reliable and on-time
- Comfortable with technology, including smartphone with mobile apps
- Ability to stand for 4 hours, walk approximately 2 miles, and navigate hills
- Organized, ability to manage a flexible/irregular schedule
- Positive team-player
- Minimum availability of 3 days per week, including some evenings/weekends, especially in December during the busy holiday event season (Dec 1-20)
- 2+ years of prior work experience is a plus!
- Knowledge of NYC restaurant scene is a plus!
Does this sound like you? We’d love to meet you!
Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline