Small Business Program Director Hot Bread Kitchen +3 more
- Date Posted May 20, 2023
- Location Anywhere
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
About Hot Bread Kitchen
Hot Bread Kitchen’s mission is to create economic mobility for individuals impacted by gender, racial, social, and/or economic inequality in New York City, historically using the vibrant potential of the food industry as a pathway forward. We seek to expand skills, connections, and life-changing opportunities for women and small businesses. In the wake of COVID-19, it is a critical moment for Hot Bread Kitchen to significantly scale our impact for women of color and immigrant women in New York City who need support. Our three year growth plan through 2024 convenes our advisory, community, business, and government partners to ensure the food industry emerges from COVID-19 as an equitable platform for women of color and immigrant women to achieve financial stability and generate longer-term wealth.Job description
Hot Bread Kitchen seeks a mission-driven and detail-oriented Director of Small Business Programs who can manage towards ambitious goals in a fast-paced environment. The position calls for the day-to-day management, coordination, communication, and facilitation of all activities necessary to successfully implement Hot Bread Kitchen’s small business program. The ideal candidate is someone with excellent program management and communication skills while also passionate about small businesses, espcially women of color owned and operated food businesses. This position reports directly to the Chief Program Officer.
- Oversee the implementation of Hot Bread Kitchen’s pre-incubation program, Seed, using project management tactics, tools, and resources to ensure seamless program operations, including:
- Ensure that the content across all Seed Modules is cohesive and consistent.
- Ensure consistent and reliable engagement with participants and cultivate community across participants.
- Manage all Seed partnerships, ensuring clear communication and follow through in service of the program.
- Serve as the point of contact for all Seed guest instructors and speakers.
- Coordinate all Seed Module webinars, ensuring that all participants and instructors have the correct logistical information.
- In collaboration with the Chief Program Officer, develop new Seed content and identify new partners who can serve as complementary resources to Hot Bread Kitchen
- Oversee the implementation of Hot Bread Kitchen’s food business incubator, Start, including:
- Manage the Start application process
- Conduct regular check-ins with each Start participant to monitor business performance and ongoing incubator eligibility.
- Support with identifying and facilitating access to capital resources, including managing pitch opportunities.
- In collaboration with the Brand team, facilitate access to market opportunities.
- In collaboration with the Community Engagement team, ensure that there is a robust pipeline of applicants for Seed and Start programs.
- Support the Chief Program Officer in the development of the Scale Program.
- In collaboration with the Development team, manage the volunteers who participate as Seed and Start mentors and technical assistance providers.
- In partnership with the Program and Data Evaluation Manager, proactively and systematically collect all Seed and Start data and ensure entry into Salesforce
- Assemble data for monthly program performance management decks and as requested by the Program, Development, and/ or Brand teams.
- As needed, support with development and grant application opportunities specific to the program.
- Support ad-hoc tasks, special projects, and nuanced assignments from the Chief Program Officer and other members of the Hot Bread Kitchen management team.
- Has a deep passion for Hot Bread Kitchen’s mission and vision to advance economic mobility for women utilizing New York City’s vibrant food industry.
- Demonstrated experience with program management, including project management.
- Comfortable working independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment with ambitious goals and deadlines.
- Has the ability to receive feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strategic thinker that is both detail- and process-oriented.
- Proactive, resourceful, and innovative with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A working understanding of the barriers facing immigrants and women of color in starting a business.
- Experience working with small food businesses strongly preferred, including a demonstrated understanding of the importance of finances, marketing, branding, market placement and building a sustainable business model.
- General computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google platforms required; experience with Salesforce experience a plus.
This is a hybrid position, and will require working in our office in Chelsea Market approximately 3-days per week. This position requires flexibility with evening hours dedicated to webinars and guest speakers.
This is a full time position with eligibility for benefits including paid vacation and holidays, paid sick leave, health/dental/vision packages, short-term disability and retirement savings. Salary range is $75,000 to $80,000. To learn more about Hot Bread Kitchen’s culture and benefits, please visit: hotbreadkitchen.org/careers.
Hot Bread Kitchen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request such an accommodation.Compensation this position is : salaried, 75k-100k Location job can be done remotely Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineJune 19, 2023