Dairy Processing & Pack Team Leader Misty Brook Farm
- Date Posted May 21, 2023
- Location Albion, ME
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Misty Brook Farm is an organic family farm in Albion, ME. We produce really high-quality foods using regenerative farming practices. We rotationally graze our cows, pigs, sheep, and chickens. We make our own compost and employ cover crops to build soil health and fertility. We even grow most of our own cover crop seed. Our products include grass-fed raw cow & sheep milk, soy-free eggs, pastured heritage breed pork, 100% grass-fed beef & lamb, dry beans, and milled grains. Our priority is the health of our soil, crops, and livestock. Recently a visitor stated, “I saw happy cows!”
We distribute our own products to health food stores all over the state of Maine. To make our trucks more efficient we work with other local farms to deliver their products too. We love working together with farms and businesses to make the local economy stronger.
Our goal is to employ local people and pay a fair wage. Many of our current employees have been with us for at least three years. We especially like working with people who share their ideas for making improvements. Employees with energy and motivation have the opportunity to turn their work into more than just a job. Many of our previous employees have gone on to build their own successful farm businesses.Job description
Type: Full-Time Year-Round Position. Smoke Free Workplace.
Category: Dairy Processing Manager / Pack Team Leader
Bottling milk, separating and bottling cream, cutting & packing cheese, making sure the milkroom and storage areas are clean and organized, ordering packaging supplies and labels, stocking the farm stand with dairy products, making sure the farm stand fridges are clean and organized, washing and packing eggs, packing meat orders, inventory of incoming meats, making sure the freezers and coolers are clean and organized. On Wednesday participate in farm lunch and staff meeting.
Opportunity to be part of a cohesive caring team and be a crucial part of Maine’s local sustainable food system, manage yourself, and have autonomy. This job offers year-round steady work with potential for a high pay level. This job is essential to providing high quality clean healthy grass-fed raw dairy to Maine families.
- Be process oriented.
- Be organized.
- Have attention to detail.
- Be attentive to cleanliness/hygiene (especially with food contact surfaces).
- Be able to lift 50+lb. (milk is heavy and we bottle a lot of it).
- Be able to start the day early (6am).
- Possess high levels of energy & self-
- Be able to work well independently and with others.
- Be able to communicate clearly with team members.
- Live nearby
Dress appropriately with clean clothes and good personal hygiene. Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the milkroom including all processing equipment and surfaces. Keep packaging supplies organized and make sure supplies never run out.
Must be able to:
- Be reliable and punctual.
- Follow multiple detailed instructions.
- Be observant and have attention to detail.
- Be self-motivated.
- Count and follow a spreadsheet.
- Communicate clearly with coworker(s).
- Communicate with delivery drivers & distribution manager.
- Communicate if something isn’t working as it should.
- Effectively communicate observations and needs.
- Communicate when large supply orders need to be placed, so they can be budgeted for and arrive on time.
Hourly position training at $17/hr. $18-22/hr depending on reliability, organization, and cleanliness. Pay increase based on job performance and attitude. This position is year-round.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline