Hot Meals Manager The Community Kitchen, Inc.
- Date Posted May 23, 2023
- Location Keene, NH
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
The Community Kitchen, Inc is a not-for-profit direct service United Way Agency providing healthy and nutritious hot meals, take-home food boxes and advocacy to low and moderate income men, women and families with children in the Monadnock Region.Job description
The Hot Meals Manager is responsible for overseeing the safe, efficient, sufficient, and appealing production of all prepared-food programming offered by The Community Kitchen. This role is responsible for ensuring that all paid and volunteer staff using the kitchen facilities are operating in manner that ensures personal safety, food safety, and hygiene. They ensure that the kitchen is properly supplied with food and other materials, that all necessary equipment is in place and in good working order, and that all areas, including food storage areas and freezers, are clean, properly organized, and properly rotated. The Hot Meals Manager supervises the dishwashers, evening and weekend meal supervisors, cooks/cooking assistants, and hot meals volunteers.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all kitchen operations
- Maintain the kitchen in a professional and food safe state.
- On a weekly basis or as needed, inventory and order paper products for both pantry and Hot Meals operations. Also order food products from existing food vendors, and determine new vendors, on an as needed basis.
- Liaise with Administrative Manager for the acquisition, repair or maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Organize staff and volunteers for cleaning cupboards, shelves, drawers and equipment when necessary.
- Advise and consult with organizational leaders about uses of the kitchen facilities, including rental of the space by outside groups.
- Organize and prepare meals and food for catering and other fundraising events as needed.
- Organize and prepare food for additional community feeding programs as determined by the organization.
- Organize production of six weekly hot meals
- Daily - liaise with Pantry staff to see what is available for the Hot Meals Program from daily salvage pickup.
- Plan as far ahead as possible meals for Hot Meals Program. Pull, thaw and store meat in a safe manner compliant with local health codes and industry standards.
- Post menu for evening meal or Sunday lunch.
- Gather and organize ingredients for volunteers, train and instruct as necessary.
- Creatively manage uncertain conditions of variable product supplies and supervise kitchen volunteers of ranging skill level.
- Accept all cooked/prepared food donations, process the donations determining whether they should be kept or not.
- Liaise with Evening Supervisor about evening meal; explain anything that needs to be done prior to serving.
- Act as Evening Supervisor when needed.
- Oversee collection, storage and inventory of food in the walk-in freezer and cooler for future use in program.
Manage staff members working in the Hot Meals Program
- Ensure that all Hot Meals staff members have adequate training, guidance, and tools to meet their job expectations.
- Manage Professional Goals and Performance Planning activities with Hot Meals staff members.
- Work with leadership team and Hot Meals staff members to identify training and other opportunities to develop work-related skill sets.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of standards and procedures for Hot Meals operations and collaborate with colleagues to re-design Hot Meals operational procedures as needed.
- Ensure effective communications within the Hot Meals program and the wider organization.
- Any other duties deemed necessary for the general operation and success of The Community Kitchen.
Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions