Sales Manager/Operations Team Real Pickles Cooperative +1 more
- Date Posted May 23, 2023
- Location Greenfield, MA
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Real Pickles is a worker-owned co-operative in Greenfield, MA, producing organic fermented vegetables from Northeast-grown produce. Our mission is to promote human and ecological health by providing people with delicious, nourishing food and by working toward a regional, organic food system in the Northeast. We work to effect positive change for both people and the planet, from our commitment to purchase our vegetables exclusively from regional farms to our solar-powered and energy-efficient facility. Founded in 2001, Real Pickles has contributed to the modern resurgence of traditional fermented vegetables in the American diet and continues to be an industry leader in fermented foods. As a co-operative, each worker has the opportunity to become an owner of the business and participate in shaping its future. We are committed to the work of racial justice and to creating good jobs that support the dignity of all workers.
We are seeking a highly-qualified individual, who is inspired by our mission and interested in exploring worker-ownership in our co-op, to fill the role of Sales Manager and oversee all Real Pickles sales and distribution activities. As a manager within our Operations Team, this person collaborates with fellow managers to guide daily operations for our co-op.
The work location is our facility in Greenfield, MA.
The Sales Manager is responsible for:
- Successfully developing and implementing Real Pickles’ sales strategy in support of our co-op’s strategic direction;
- Ensuring a positive, cohesive, and effective sales and distribution team in a safe, equitable, and inclusive work environment;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with Real Pickles customers, including distributors, retailers, and retail customers;
- Pursuing new and creative sales opportunities in alignment with our strategic goals and social mission;
- Engaging in Operations Team decision-making to guide our co-op’s daily operations; and
- Advancing Real Pickles’ mission through our sales and distribution activities.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Supervise, train, coach, and support the sales and distribution team;
- Oversee day-to-day sales and distribution operations, including communications with distributors and retailers, order fulfillment, customer service, product delivery and pickups via multiple means, and troubleshooting issues;
- Coordinate and collaborate with Operations Team managers to keep daily activities running smoothly and make strong strategic decisions to advance operations;
- Meet monthly and annual sales goals by supporting and growing current accounts and by prospecting and securing new accounts;
- Work with the general manager and marketing manager to create annual sales plans, develop new growth initiatives, and ensure a successful pricing strategy;
- Track and analyze sales data;
- Work with the production manager to maintain inventory levels to fulfill customer orders;
- Innovate and improve our sales and distribution systems;
- Work with other managers to develop and introduce new products; and
- Visit current and prospective distributor and retailer customers and attend trade shows (average 2-3 days of travel per month).
- 3+ years of experience managing a complex operational department.
- Significant experience with natural food sales strongly preferred, including 2+ years in a management role.
- Excellent leadership and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and engage in strategic planning.
- A skilled and compassionate supervisor, coach, and mentor.
- Actively committed to anti-racism work and an equitable and inclusive workplace.
- Experience with shared leadership and collaborative decision-making approaches.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer and math skills.
- Experience with or strong interest in the co-op model.
- Committed to social mission-driven business.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $52,000 to $62,400 per year, depending on experience.
- Paid time off benefit.
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with 3% company match.
- Employer-sponsored health insurance plan available.
- Eligibility after one year to become a member of our co-op.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline