Kombucha Brewer Fieldstone Kombucha
- Date Posted May 24, 2023
- Location Bristol, RI
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
The kombucha is lovingly crafted so the flavors roll through your mouth, a delight to the tastebuds. Naturally effervescent rather than carbonated, it is easy to drink and delicious to enjoy. Less acidic and offensive to the pallet, it quickly becomes a daily treat. This is craft kombucha, produced in small batches with individual attention and love for the process and result. Job description
Fieldstone Kombucha, LLC is New England’s craft kombucha company, located in Bristol, RI. It was founded in 2019. I produce the freshest kombucha using seasonal ingredients sourced from local farms. The kombucha is sold in stores, restaurants and bars, cafes, and markets across New England. I seek an up-and-coming brewer to join the team as head of production. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in the kombucha brewing world. This position is a salaried, employee role.
Fieldstone Kombucha is a small, growing business. This is an excellent opportunity to join the company at the ground level and be a driving force in the company’s growth. The position comes with some creative authority in managing production in the brewery and developing new flavors and product lines, including alcoholic kombucha and kombucha cocktails. The schedule has some flexibility once the requirements and deadlines of the position are met.
Work will be 20-30 hours/week. Immediate start.
- At least 1 year experience in production brewery. This can be any fermented beverage, not necessarily kombucha
- Competency working with brewing equipment, including fermentation tanks, brite tanks, glycol chillers, brewery pumps, ect
- Interest in and knowledge of kombucha and its brewing process
- Independent, flexible, proactive attitude and enthusiasm for working for a small and growing brewing business
- Understanding of and compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and overall brewery sanitation and safety
- Cleaning is your superpower
- Ability to be on your feet and in motion for a majority of the day
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 lbs
- Ability to work weekends and a generally changing schedule
- Ability to work predominantly independently, but also as part of a team
- Ability to be attentive to all aspects of the manufacturing environment while working
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate several options and recommendations; support and implement a solution
- Ability to see the larger picture and keep this in mind when making decisions
- Have, or be able to get, Food Safety Manager and Allergen certification recognized in Rhode Island by July 2023.
- You must be able to get to and work at the brewery in person.
- In collaboration with the owner, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, daily execution of all brewing functions, monitoring brewing quality, and ensuring safe and sanitary working conditions at all times
- Maintain equipment in good working order
- Cleaning & sanitation of fermentation tanks and other equipment
- Update, maintain, and develop CIP/cleaning procedures for all production equipment
- Collect and maintain all records for processing, CIP, cleaning and servicing of equipment
- Maintain an inventory of raw materials & brewery supplies; communicate purchasing needs
- Fill kegs and maintain CIP and sanitation for keg inventory
- Manage canning/bottling runs
- In collaboration with owner, develop and bring online new flavors and product lines
- Work at least 1 farmers market per week (including Saturday)
- Other related duties as agreed
$28.85/hour. Anticipated 20-30 hours/week. One year contract with likelihood of renewal if candidate is a good fit for the role.Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline