Customer Service & Retail Sales Hudson Valley Seed Company
- Date Posted May 25, 2023
- Location Accord, NY
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Part-Time
The Hudson Valley Seed Company provides gardeners and farmers with a robust catalog of over 400 varieties of open-pollinated seeds, along with tubers, bulbs, tools, supplies, and art work. Because we offer unique varieties that we cannot source from suppliers, we produce many of these seeds in our own certified organic fields in the Hudson Valley of New York State. We celebrate the uniqueness of the varieties in our catalog by commissioning artwork for each of our Art Packs—one-of-a-kind folding seed packets, each designed by a different artist and telling the unique story of that seed.
About our Team
We are a team of 25-30 hard-working farmers and office workers collaborating to provide a compelling and life-affirming product to the world. We value commitment, diversity, communication, and kindness. The diverse life experiences that our team members bring to our workplace make us stronger. We are based in beautiful Accord, New York, within a few minutes of our growing fields.Job description
We are currently seeking a Customer Service & Retail Sales Associate to join our team. We're looking for a dedicated, detail-oriented, independent person who can grow with our business.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Providing top-notch customer service, by phone, by email, and in our store to our wide range of retail customers.
- Working in a part-time capacity for 2-3 days/week including some weekday (8 hour daytime shifts) and occasional weekend shifts (6 hour daytime shifts on Saturdays and some seasonal Sundays) with details TBD for a total of 16-24 hours/week depending on preferred schedule.
- Handling many sales-related administrative duties, such as sales order data-entry, order management, and communicating with our shipping department.
- Helping on an as-needed basis with other aspects of the business, including marketing, order fulfillment, shipping, and seed-packing.
Our ideal candidate for this position has the following qualifications:
- At least 1-2 years experience in a customer service or sales position.
- At least 1-2 years of gardening experience at home or in a paid position.
- Aptitude for extensive computer work.
- Comfort and ease with heavy communication with customers by phone and by email.
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks independently without getting frazzled.
- A detail-oriented mindset.
- The ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with the rest of our small team.
- Access to a vehicle. Because our business is located in a rural area in Accord, NY (30 minutes from Kingston or New Paltz, 20 minutes from Ellenville), public transportation is limited/not always reliable.
This position offers the possibility for professional development and for advancement within our growing business. As part of your job, you will learn about our always-expanding seed catalog and growing blog, as well as digital marketing platforms.
Our benefits package for this position includes:
- 401K retirement plan with an employer match
- Paid Holidays (6), Paid Time Off (increases with seniority), and Paid Sick Leave
- Employee discount for HVSC products
Pay: Starts at $17.50/hour, with annual reviews offered.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineJune 05, 2023