Kitchen Coordinator e.terra Kitchen
- Date Posted May 26, 2023
- Location Harlem, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Do you have a passion for food? Is hospitality a way of life for you? Are you decisive and quick to take action? Do you step out of your comfort zone to make things happen? Do you embrace big goals and challenges with excitement? Are you always looking for a way to make "impossible" things work?
If you answered yes to all of those questions, then you have that entrepreneurial spirit that we embrace and are looking for at e.terra kitchen.
e.terra is a flexible commercial kitchen with 2 locations based in Harlem NY. We are actively expanding our footprint in NYC Metro and beyond. Our mission is to provide kitchen workspace, storage, event space film/photo shoot space, as well as a full suite of business support services for a variety of food production needs. We service food and beverage entrepreneurs, creative agencies, culinary companies, media production, from small to large projects.
Our Culture: Community AND Team-focused, Positive, Inclusive, Sincere, Communicative, Progressive, Innovative, Creative, Curious, Engaging
For more on us, what we do and your consideration, please check us out on IG @eterrakitchen or on our website: www.eterrakitchen.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with determining daily priorities of porter staff and interns and provide oversight for assigned kitchen location.
- Follow policies and procedures in training documents and employee handbook and ensure that other staff and members are doing the same.
- Communicate with supervisor and team regarding the pace of daily facility staff to make sure everyone stays on track and tasks are being completed in a timely, efficient manner.
- Properly train all New Hires at assigned Kitchen Location.
- Handle all Payroll issues for the kitchen, reporting to Community Manager on this matter.
- Supervise facilities staff to ensure efficiency, quality, cleanliness and organization.
- Engage in ongoing training with COO, external mock inspectors and consultants.
- Ensure proper sanitation and Health Department guidelines are met and maintained at all times .
- Act as point person while on site with maintenance requests and tech support ensuring that troubleshooting is exhausted and that tech support, including external vendors, are inspecting and servicing equipment thoroughly and following proper communication protocol. Report to CTO on all mechanical and tech issues.
- Oversee general cleanliness of the facility; update daily cleaning checklists as needed for porters.
- Follow set protocol in the Kitchen Checklist and update this as needed to stay up to the latest on all Health Department protocols.
- Manage and maintain all dry and cold storage (labels, safety, expiry, cleanliness, organization).
- Manage and maintain all small wares/kitchen equipment and disposing of/submitting purchase requests when needed.
- Provide Food Handler Supervision for projects from time to time.
- Reconciliation of accounting for inventory stock and reorders to fully account for all money spent and items sold.
- Coordinate member order receiving and monthly billing for same, in collaboration.
- Coordinate (inventory and/or order) and received items coming in; put away in a tidy and organized fashion.
- Oversee facility special events and offsite events requirements from the supply, organization and communication needs standpoint, coordinating with Events & Kitchen Manager and providing necessary support.
- Assist in day of coordination pre event (ordering, purchasing, organizing and set up) and hosting during event
- Preparing and publishing external communications such as member updates, newsletters and drafting short blog posts in collaboration with CEO, via mail merge such as Constant Contact
- Assisting team to produce photos of kitchen and member activities to use for social media and website
- New Member training on facility and equipment use.
- Work with Community Manager to facilitate tours for prospective members, answer all new inquiries, and follow up necessary to complete the sale cycle with each prospect.
- Keep CRM entries for new prospects touring updated with latest information.
- Hold a valid New York State Food Handlers Certificate.
- Strong communication skills.
- Set an example for team members to follow.
- Ability to maintain organization, sanitation and operational standards.
- Ability to apply disciplinary action in accordance with e.terra Kitchen guidelines and policies.
- Ability to consistently treat guests, team members and management in a courteous and professional manner, representing e.terra in providing true hospitality to all.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College Graduate
- Two (2) to three (3) years kitchen supervisor or event coordinator experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Perform other duties assigned by COO, CEO and Community Manager.
- PTO, commuter benefits, paid monthly community volunteering opportunities to support NYC food insecurity initiatives, staff lunches, team building cookoffs, monthly book club, and gym membership
Job Type: Full-time