Market Assistant community roots market
- Date Posted September 11, 2023
- Location Madison, GA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Part-Time
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY AND THOROUGHLY. Moving to the next section of the application indicates you understand and accept the conditions of the position.
Only applications submitted through this form will be considered. Please do not drop off applications on-site.
This position is part-time, approximately 20-25 hours a week, with shifts on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. We are looking for someone with a deep appreciation and understanding of the importance of eating locally and organically sourced foods and our community from which it's derived. Being well informed about products, farms, vendors, and Community Roots Market’s mission is essential.
- Provide excellent customer service and communication to customers, vendors, and other staff
- Effectively operate register (IT Retail POS system)
- Restock inventory throughout the store as needed
- Assist with CRM events including wine tastings, book club, farmer's markets, etc.
- Follow all alcohol sales guidelines and keep daily incident log accordingly
- Follow all food and health safety guidelines and keep daily incident log accordingly
- Keep market, and all areas including restrooms, neat, tidy, and safe
- Experience in agriculture and/or retail preferred
- Candidates with a knowledge of food/cooking, wine, gardening/farming, and wellness will best excel at, and enjoy, this position
Pay is contingent on experience.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Cindi at 706-438-1206 or email@example.com Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions