Podcast Intern Quivira Coalition +1 more
- Date Posted August 08, 2023
- Location Anywhere
- Category Agriculture / Media
- Job type Part-Time
The Quivira Coalition (www.quiviracoaltion.org) is a Santa Fe-based nonprofit that builds resilience on arid working lands. We foster ecological, economic, and social health through education, innovation, and collaboration. The Quivira Coalition aims to shift current practices of agriculture and land stewardship to those that produce good food, support meaningful livelihoods in rural places, sustain biodiversity, and remedy the impacts of climate change. We do this work through agricultural apprenticeship, land and water restoration, and rancher- and farmer-led knowledge exchange. Knowing that it is critical to the success of our work, Quivira Coalition is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse staff team and community, including groups that are traditionally under-represented among stewardship and agricultural support services.
Quivira’s work, at its foundation, advances the current shift from extractive to regenerative culture and economy. Our programs include:
- Carbon Ranch Initiative, dedicated to outreach and research in support of regenerative agriculture, with a focus on building soil organic material on working lands.
- Education and Outreach, focused on developing practical conservation and agricultural knowledge exchange led by those implementing the work on the ground. This includes workshops, podcasts, and the annual REGENERATE Conference.
- New Agrarian, offers professional training to beginning agrarians in regenerative agriculture with seasoned ranchers trained in hands-on mentorship.
- New Mexico and Colorado Coalitions to Enhance Working Lands, networks whose purpose is to support and enhance ongoing efforts to improve the health and productivity of working lands that support agriculture and the environment.
Quivira’s communications team is dedicated to telling the stories of resilience on working lands by sharing the work of Quivira and our partners. We do this through various communications platforms, including our website, social media profiles, e-newsletters, videos, podcasts, technical guides, journal (Resilience), and other avenues.
We would like to work with an intern who will support Quivira’s two podcasts, Down to Earth, and Regeneration Rising. The person should be excited about telling stories in an audio format and have some background in working with podcasts. The person will play a critical role in increasing the visibility of the podcasts and optimizing the content.
10 hours/week ($20/hour) for 16 weeks. There are no benefits included with this position but we follow state sick leave rules. This position is fully remote and we are searching for applicants in New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Oregon, Texas, Utah or Maine.
Tasks could include (but are not limited to):
- Posting podcasts to website
- Creating process for uploading podcasts to YouTube
- Research sponsorship opportunities
- Create strategy plan for increased visibility of podcasts
- Provide suggestions and feedback on podcast e-newsletter
- Report regularly to the communications director
- Participate in some internal meetings and subgroups in support of maintaining and evolving culture and internal work
- Engage with other program and Quivira staff in some routine program and cross-program activities.
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills writing skills
- Experience with podcasts, including working with audio files (editing experience is not required)
- Experience with communications/marketing tactics and tools
- Experience creating social media content
- Strong skills related to working with diverse groups of people and cross-cultural communication.
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with regenerative agricultural practices and soil health principles
- An understanding of how conservation and agriculture have historically and currently impacted Hispanic, Black, Indigenous, and other communities of color
- Experience with G Suite (gmail, drive, calendar, etc.)
- Multi-lingual in Spanish or Native languages
Location job can be done remotely Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline