Digital Media Coordinator Padma Lakshmi/DeliciousEntertainment
- Date Posted August 15, 2023
- Location New York, NY
- Category Media
- Job type Full-Time
Delicious Entertainment, Inc. is seeking a well-seasoned (pun intended) Digital Media Coordinator who dreams of a career in food or food media. The ideal candidate will have an extensive background in social media, communications, creative writing, multi-media editing, growing audiences and analyzing metrics on all social media platforms including but not limited to: TikTok, Instagram, Threads, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook. PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A FULL TIME, IN OFFICE JOB BASED IN NEW YORK CITY.
The position requires shooting and quickly editing photos/video footage, generating creative/sharable content (including memes and GIFs), and other forms of digital collateral. An intense passion for home cooking, food writing, restaurant culture, and advocacy for women’s issues and immigration issues is essential.
This coordinator would also liaise with representatives at the United Nations and American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), as well other foundations to assist with initiatives each of these entities seek to amplify, as well as work with marketing and PR departments of the various networks who air shows produced by Delicious Entertainment Inc,.
Candidates should be extremely communicative, self-motivated, dedicated, ambitious, discreet, have a strong sense of humor and wit, possess excellent writing skills, have a keen interest in politics and global affairs, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment where no two days are alike, an intuitive sense of good judgment and a consistent track record for building an audience. They should also be a team player and be able to multitask and be flexible.
This position requires someone who is discreet, exceptionally detail-oriented, with a strong knowledge of and/or passion for the food world/what’s happening in the zeitgeist, food trends and creator culture at large, and confidence assisting with fan engagement and writing projects of the company’s principal, Padma Lakshmi. This position requires travel as well as good note-taking for various writing projects or Op-eds and the ability to do in-depth research on a variety of interests.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Conceptualize, create, and edit all social/digital content including cooking videos, brand ambassador and lifestyle content (ranging from food, fashion, politics, travel, popular culture, to social justice issues, etc.), as well as collect and edit behind-the-scenes footage from Taste the Nation and any other programming.
- Create and manage editorial calendar and website, assist with Substack or other writing projects.
- Generate unique copy published across Instagram, Threads, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and website based on PL’s writing.
- Communicate social publishing best practices, including up to date, emerging social media trends and the types of content desired from Padma’s audience on each platform.
- Analyze optimal days/times for publishing.
- Work with brand partners directly to select media and craft effective messaging that is true to PL ethos and voice.
- Interact with Padma’s fans using her unique point-of-view.
- Create and implement communications strategies for increasing fan base and engagement across social platforms, as well as supplying post analytics.
- Use social media measurement tools to identify and engage with potential fans.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports around trending topics and social listening.
- Liaise with consultants and producers of various filmmaking projects of company
- 3-5 years of experience working in social/digital media, writing, communications, publishing
- Strong interest in food media landscape and progressive politics/social advocacy issues
- Working knowledge/proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite and/or Final Cut Pro
- Love of reading and literature, as well as movies and tv
- Desire to travel
- Able to thrive both in team environment and independently
- Expert knowledge of all social media platforms, including but not limited to TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
- Strong writing, grammar, editorial and copywriting skills a must
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong interest in pop culture
- Resourceful self-starter who loves building
- Have a strong sense of humor and a quick wit
- Diplomatic, discreet, gracious, and graceful under pressure
- Fun to be around.
Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline