Marketing Communications Coordinator Oldways
- Date Posted August 17, 2023
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Education / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Oldways is a nonproﬁt organization dedicated to improving public health by inspiring individuals and organizations to embrace the healthy, sustainable joys of heritage-based diets high in taste, nourishment, sustainability, and joy. Since 1990, we’re helped people live healthier, happier lives by offering educational programs, resources, and recipes based on shared cultural food traditions from around the world. Our efforts span consumer advocacy (Oldways Whole Grains Council), heritage diet travel and discovery (Oldways Culinaria Tours), guidance (Oldways Cheese Coalition), as well as the education and celebration of African, Asian, Latin American, and Mediterranean cultural eating traditions.Job description
The two Marketing Communications Coordinators work together to implement strategies to promote Oldways’ food and nutrition programs and advance our presence as a thought leader in the food and nutrition world. We are hiring one position. Main activities will include:
- The Marketing Communications Coordinators work together to develop and manage Oldways’ social media platforms to increase visibility and engagement. Includes writing scripts, filming content, posting content, scheduling, and interpreting analytics.
- Proactively learn about new developments in social media and marketing and implement new strategies to keep pace with trends and reach new audiences.
- Work closely with Program Directors and President to create and implement strategies to publicize Oldways initiatives, annual events, culinary trips, and products.
- Create, update, and help manage Oldways’ website content, with goals for audience and web traffic growth. Write and edit blog content.
- Write, edit, and send email newsletter campaigns.
- Manage Oldways’ memberships. Communicate with paying member companies, ensure all members receive their benefits, and create sponsored content for the web and social media.
- Write and send pitches to journalists about Oldways’ programs and upcoming events (may be outsourced)
- Participate in the development of standard workflows and processes for marketing activities.
- Exceptional writing skills, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Expertise in the Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of Adobe suite, including Adobe Premiere
- Experience scheduling and managing social media platforms
- Experience with web content management systems
- Experience with creating and editing video
- Attention to detail and an ability to work on multiple projects at once
- A passion for food and nutrition and a commitment to the mission of Oldways
Salary and Benefits
The salary noted for this position is a range, and is commensurate with experience. Oldways offers a comprehensive benefits package including group health insurance, ability to contribute to a retirement plan with up to 3% employer match, paid sick time, holidays, vacation, and personal days and a warm company culture.
The position can be remote, although Boston is preferred.
Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Location job can be done remotely Application instructions