Event-Based Prep/Line Catering Cooks Uncommon Feasts
- Date Posted August 19, 2023
- Location Lynn, MA
- Category Culinary / Design
- Job type Part-Time
Uncommon Feasts (www.uncommonfeasts.com) is looking for an experienced event based prep/line cook. Compensation: $30/hr for off site events, $19/hr for prep work at our kitchen in Lynn MA. Performance based increase after 3 months. Hours vary depending on our event schedule and generally between 20-30 per month.
At Uncommon Feasts, you will join a team that is passionate and knowledgeable about local, seasonal ingredients. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a creative environment focused on designing culinary feasts for galas and celebrations throughout Massachusetts and Maine. We are seeking to build our team with like minded folks who are passionate about preparing and serving food with care and elegance without cutting corners.
You’ll work alongside UF's chef.owner, Michelle Mulford, one-on-one, in a nurturing, professional environment with many opportunities to develop your skills and assume new responsibilities.
Your duties will include:
- Washing, sorting, chopping, storing ingredients
- Reading and following recipes
- Scaling recipes for large volume
- Final prep and plating
We are looking for someone who:
- Has more than two years of industry experience or professional training
- Can provide strong references
- Is punctual, professional and pays close attention to detail
- Has a strong work ethic, is well-organized, positive, and eager to learn
- Is open to feedback and committed to continuous improvement
- Embraces new information and learns quickly
- Can problem solve using sound judgment