Commissary Cook Kimberton Whole Foods
- Date Posted September 22, 2023
- Location Downingtown, PA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Our mission is to serve as a community market with a passionate commitment to integrity, sustainable agriculture, and fair trade.
In 1986 Terry and Pat Brett were running a farm store in Chester County, Pennsylvania, selling organic yogurt made on-site at a biodynamic dairy farm now known as Seven Stars Farm. In the following years they have grown that store into a group of natural grocery stores that actively reflect their commitment to local farming and the prioritization of organic and fair food. Kimberton Whole Foods is now a multi-generational family business and continues to grow while maintaining a commitment to integrity and sustainability in agriculture. True friends of the farmer, KWF is regularly honored for our ethical business leadership and meaningful contribution to regional sustainable agriculture.
The essentials of this position are food preparation and packaging of high-volume organic scratch recipes to be sold in our seven locations. This includes the following:
- Hands on preparation and production of entire grab and go line, including but not limited to, soups, salads, sandwiches, wraps, entrees, and sides.
- Package, weigh and price all commissary food items.
- Fulfill store orders and make ready for delivery.
- Use of necessary equipment (Robot Coupe, Meat Slicer, etc.).
- High volume commercial kitchen production experience is preferable.
- Excellent knife skills and knowledge of safety requirements in a kitchen.
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours, lift up to 50 pounds, and be able to juggle multiple priorities during busy times.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
Hours: Full-time nonexempt status with flexibility to work day, evening and weekend shifts as necessary.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefit package, which includes:
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
- 25% off Store-Wide Discount
- Employer Paid Long-Term Disability
- Employer Paid Short-Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Annual Incentive Gainsharing Program
- Employer Paid AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account – Healthcare & Dependent Care
- 401K with matching 3% after one year and at least 1,000 hours worked
- Paid Time Off
Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $15.00 - $20.00 Application instructions