Kitchen Assistant - Flexible Hours Perry's Pickles
- Date Posted September 13, 2023
- Location Rosendale, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is entrepreneurial at heart, enjoys being in the kitchen, enjoys doing focused work, and wants a flexible schedule. Once one is trained and has demonstrated proficiency and accountability, tasks will be set each working day and can completed according to your own schedule.
Seeking part time help in the kitchen, 3-4 days per week, 5 hours per day on average. One weekend day may be required.
A desire to learn and a winning attitude!
Basic kitchen abilities - efficient knife skills and a general understanding of food preparation, and kitchen equipment is preferred but not necessary.
Knowledge of food safety and hygiene practices. Food handlers license is an advantage.
Ability to follow recipes with consistent quality.
Strong attention to details, aesthetics and time management skills.
Effective communicator with teamwork abilities
- Receive and make records of incoming produce
- Cut and prepare ingredients for packing
- Measure and portion ingredients accurately to ensure consistency in taste.
- Pack jars with ingredients as per the recipe, following guidelines for proper presentation
- Apply labels and batch codes to individual jars.
- Help maintain a clean and organized kitchen workspace, adhering to food safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Pull and pack inventory for wholesale orders as they are received.
- Assist with inventory management, ensuring adequate stock levels of ingredients and supplies.
- Computer related data entry, emails and other correspondence.
Culinary degree or relevant certification from a culinary school is an advantage but not required.
We are currently located in Rosendale NY but will be moving to Rhinebeck in October. Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline