Catering Administrator Formaggio Kitchen Cambridge
- Date Posted September 15, 2023
- Location Cambridge, MA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Formaggio Kitchen has been an institution in Cambridge, Massachusetts for over 40 years–“a gourmand’s paradise” doubling as a neighborhood grocer. Nationally, we are best known for our cheese selection, which includes many exclusive items imported directly from farms in Europe. Locally, we are equally well known for our kitchen and bakery production including sandwiches, panini and nightly dinners as well as cakes, cookies and a variety of other sweets – all made in house, from scratch and using the best (often local) ingredients. We also stock a wide range of other delicious foodstuffs, including: charcuterie, produce, baked goods, prepared foods, coffee, tea, chocolates, bread, sweets, honey, preserves, wine, beer, olive oil, vinegar and other pantry staples.
We offer a dynamic work environment that both challenges and rewards those who have the necessary skills and passion to make the team. We strive to hire people with a love of food, old-world work ethic, capacity for teamwork and a drive to provide exceptional customer service. Benefits include health insurance, 401K with generous employer matching, paid vacation, an amazing opportunity to learn about food and a great team of coworkers.Job description
Passionate about food and looking for daytime hours? Join our catering team! Our catering team produces beautifully arranged platters and food made from our internationally sourced, specialty ingredients, and locally sourced produce and meats. From bountiful cheese platters to decadent desserts, we aim to provide our customers with an exceptional culinary experience.
We are looking for an organizational rock-star to join our team as a catering administrator. The ideal candidate is a team-player and a quick learner with enthusiasm for food, great attention to detail, and an excellent work ethic. Top notch organizational skills, exceptional customer service and experience with Microsoft Office and Google tools are a must. This is a high-paced position and requires great attention to detail.
Daily Operational Tasks will include:
- Maintaining a digital order log to provide clear instructions to the kitchen team
- Daily contact with catering clients and the ability to help guide them through the event planning process. Strong knowledge of our catering abilities.
- Collaborating with the Catering Manager to assure organization and timeliness of each order.
- Ordering additional bread from local bakeries when needed and tracking orders
- Ability to handle and organize large volumes of requests; especially during the Fall/Holiday and Graduation seasons.
- Working with other administrative staff in the office to assure each order is scheduled for delivery or pick up,
The most important requirements for success in this role are:
- Excellent customer service
- Effective communication
- Great problem solving skills and ability to think on their feet
- Great sense of urgency and organization
- Passionate and curious about food and hospitality.
- Capacity to work with a variety of personalities and strengthen the sense of camaraderie and teamwork
- Prior experience in a retail or hospitality setting is preferred
Availability for shifts; Monday - Friday 8am – 5pm.
Formaggio Kitchen offers a dynamic work environment with a focus on love of food, teamwork and providing the best products and service to our customers. Benefits include company health insurance with partial premium coverage, 401K with generous employer match, paid vacation, an amazing opportunity to learn about food and a great team of coworkers.Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline