Mobile Market Coordinator Lowcountry Street Grocery
- Date Posted September 15, 2023
- Location Charleston, SC
- Category Agriculture / Production
- Job type Full-Time
GroceryRx is LSG’s comprehensive RDN-led produce-prescription program. It is deliberately designed to employ the power of healthy food and nutrition education to clinical settings, ultimately empowering health & wellness equity through community and data-driven results. GRx is both buoyed and leveraged by the immense community, inventory, and experience of LSG, with the expansive logistics, volume, and geography of CSG. Under the wings of Lowcountry Street Grocery, both CSG & GRx exponentially advance the collective mission to sustainably and radically address systemic barriers to healthy food access, food insecurity, as well as local food proliferation.
All outlets employ our “Robin Hood” pricing strategy that leverages revenue from high demand sales to directly address community needs. We envision a community that naturally supports both neighbors in need and small, local producers through radical, innovative systems that prove sustainability and resilience. As we grow our team, we seek individuals that believe in our mission and are invested in helping to make that vision a reality. Phew. Job description
We are seeking a passionate, self-motivated individual to help manage retail operations on our mobile farmers market. Our mobile market is a retrofitted school bus named Nell. Its primary purpose is to support and increase local food access, and healthy food equity for the greater Charleston area through mobility, empowerment, and community. Our mobile market delivers local, healthy food retail establishments in various locations on a set weekly schedule.
LSG operating hours are Monday-Friday between 7:00 AM-9:00 PM, as well as occasional expected events Saturdays and Sundays between 7:00 AM-9:00 PM. The Market Coordinator will help manage daily on-site operations, conduct outreach to customers, promote and explain our mission, healthy food incentive programs, as well as products and producers. This position is responsible for weekly market preparation and operations including but not limited to direct to consumer sales, inventory management, frequent product rotation and merchandising, social media engagement, and daily operations reporting.
The Mobile Market Coordinator will work closely with a second mobile market coordinator, both reporting directly to the Mobile Market General Manager/CEO as well as CSG General Manager. This position must maintain strict market standards both during operating hours and opening/closing. The Coordinator position will require an interest in the field of local food systems and food justice, strong communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to pivot, and problem-solve with near autonomy. This position is ideal for someone pursuing a career in food, nutrition, customer-relations, social entrepreneurship, retail, non-profit, and public health.
MOBILE MARKET COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee market preparation, operations, and part mobile market staff.
- Oversee site management protocol
- Facilitate weekly marketing strategy, particularly social media.
- Manage daily mobile market operations from bus loading/unloading, inventory management, point of sale, restocking, inventory coordination, and visual merchandising.
- Manage daily market closing procedures and compile end of day reports.
- Understand LSG inventory in order to sell a variety of products with the ability to recommend pairings and complimentary products.
- Utilize LSG/Lowcountry SC product knowledge to educate customers on inventory concentrating on an educational sales approach
- Create and maintain an inviting shopping experience through oozy vibes, and supreme customer service.
- Communicate with customers thoughtfully, exceeding customer needs.
- Rotate and merchandise inventory regularly.
- Support other LSG initiatives such as CSG, GroceryRx, and other forms of community outreach or resource sharing etc.
- Log & Report SNAP/EBT, and Healthy Bucks Incentives, as well as GroceryRx vouchers when applicable.
- Facilitate other daily reports, schedules, and updates per General Manager.
- Cross-train and assist with CSG operations when prioritized and/or during market hiatuses.
- Consistently coordinate with mothership (onsite CSG & GRx) support staff throughout the day.
- Other duties (see here).
TEAM MEMBER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in local agriculture/food and beverage appreciated.
- Experience with large vehicles and high-volume food trucks appreciated.
- Proficiency in all social media outlets required.
- Spanish speaking fluency is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Data Suites.
- Proficiency Google Communications.
- Able to take direction, work independently, and as a member of a team to be a force for good in the community.
- Possess a love of people and a desire for excellent customer service.
- Possess a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of urgency.
- Has good problem-solving skills, is hard-working and creative, and pays attention to details.
- Must possess a passion for clean, local food and telling the story behind the food and the producer.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Must conduct oneself in a honest, professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Ability to create effective working relationships with employees and the public and keep LSG a family friendly atmosphere.
- Ability to deal with conflict among employees or customers in a non-threatening and redemptive way.
- Must be highly motivated, organized and able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to change when required.
- Reporting for work in a timely manner when scheduled.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be willing to learn how to drive a regular-sized school bus.
- Bending, stooping, walking and standing for long periods at a time
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs throughout the day
- Must be flexible with “farm-type” working conditions, mostly spent outside.
- Must have reliable transportation and phone.
POTENTIAL FOR GROWTH
The Mobile Market Coordinator position is strategically designed as a springboard for growth. The following positions are examples of suitable organizational mobility:
- CSG Production Supervisor
- LSG Mobile Market Manager
- GRx Program Coordinator
PAY AND BENEFITS
- Pay starts between $41k-$46k Annual Salary
- Top Tier Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits after 60 days of employment
- 36-42 Expected Weekly Hours
- Eligible for 401k election with company match after 6 months of employment
- 2 Weeks Paid Time Off (80 hrs, applicable for salary positions only)
- Eligible for 2 Sick Days per year
- Eligible for Company Recognized Paid Holidays
- 20% discount on groceries, CSG, free weekly “Fam Bag”
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Annual Executive Check Ins
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline