Senior Sales Acct Mngr Grtr Boston Wulf's Fish
- Date Posted September 21, 2023
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Wulf's Fish is a boutique seafood company serving top restaurants and passionate home cooks in Boston, New York City, and across the country. We source only the best seafood, handle it meticulously, and cut fish by hand with an old school attention to detail and service. Our work has been recognized in The New York Times, The Boston Globe, Boston.com, Eating Well, Boston Magazine, EATER Boston, Milk Street, The Spruce Eats, and WGBH TV.
The current company grew out of a beloved neighborhood fish market in Brookline that sold to a loyal clientele for 90 years, starting in 1926. In 2016, we closed the store and shifted our focus to the restaurant kitchen. Our chef customers are just as obsessed with quality as we are, and they range from multi-Michelin starred chefs working every day to maintain and exceed their own high standards, to up-and-coming independent chef-operators striving to make their mark on the world. In spring 2020, we launched an online store and home delivery service, selling to home cooks the same top-quality products usually reserved for chefs.
Sales Account Manager – Outside Downtown Boston.
An ideal candidate for a Sales Account Manager at Wulf’s Fish will have prior success selling to hotels, caterers, food distributors, independent restaurants, and/or restaurant chains against established vendors (primarily selling seafood) outside of downtown Boston. You excel at opening new accounts, overcoming resistance, and creating value with distributor reps. You have built strong long-term relationships, expanded the business with existing customers and are effective at working both remotely (in the field) and in an office environment. You are highly motivated and thrive in fast-paced entrepreneurial environments.
Ideal Experience and Expectations:
- Sales and Customer Goals - Meets or exceeds pre-established goals for sales dollars and minimum margin targets by item and categories specifically in Seafood Sales.
- Achieve revenue goals, margins, and net profit goals by making face-to-face calls within an assigned territory or existing Wulf’s Fish customers.
- Have current contacts or existing sales in a territory outside of downtown Boston.
- Generates new accounts
- Promotes slow moving products
- Maintains significant accounts in sales pipeline
- Knowledge and use of Networking Tools and Social Media to connect with prospective and current clients
- Product Pricing Management - Responsible to work with VP of Sales to manage price lists and pricing updates
- Experience working with Avendra, Dining Seasoft is a huge plus
- Sales Team communication and teamwork - Work with fellow Sales Account Managers on account responsibility and information in addition to Inside Sales/Support Staff
- Experience working with Regional and/or National Accounts
- Builds and maintains long-term relationships with customers
- Maintains thorough account information and updates account profiles as needed
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures
- Responds to change productively and handles other duties as required
- Requires an individual with strong negotiation and organizational skills, and excellent customer relations skills.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Must have broad based experience selling seafood and or food products.
- Knowledge of fisheries of the Pacific, Gulf, Atlantic, and various countries producing premium fish is a plus.
- Use of Social Media and Networking tools in a professional environment.
- Working knowledge of quality control, production and costing.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, handle constant interruption from telephone and staff, and remain flexible to meet changing priorities on a daily basis.
- BA in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years' sales experience in food related industry required. Seafood experience required.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk. The employee must understand the speech of others and listen; they must speak clearly so others can understand. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Extensive travel is required, especially by car, to visit customer work sites.
This position could involve remote and office work. Wulf's Fish is in Boston, Massachusetts. Regional + National travel may be required. Some limited international travel could also be needed, depending on account makeup.
In addition to a typical office environment, the employee must also frequent the company's warehouse and customer locations with moderate exposure to heat, cold, humidity, dust, noise, and working equipment.
Compensation: A base salary range of TBD plus an above average industry based sales commission plan.
Compensation this position is : salaried, 75k-100k Application instructions