Production Assistant Apoterra Skincare
- Date Posted September 22, 2023
- Location Waterbury, CT
- Category Production
- Job type Full-Time
Apoterra is an herbalist founded skincare company that produces nutrient-rich small batch skincare that works. Our skincare products are guaranteed fresh for optimal results, traceable & low waste. Our name, pronounced \ˈa-pō\ ter·ra, means “of the earth”. We advocate for reciprocity with nature and well-being over perfection.Job description
About the Production Assistant Position:
We are currently looking for someone to join our dynamic team to help produce our natural skincare products. As an Apoterra Production Assistant, you will get to produce on a daily basis facial oils, cold process soaps, mists, balms, creams and more - all made from organic & sustainably sourced natural ingredients.
The production assistant’s goal is to assist the product manager in creating natural skincare products, maintain excellent production standards and maintain a high level of organization and cleanliness in the production space. This involves physically making natural skincare products following established quality control and bookkeeping protocols and ensuring that ingredient and finished goods quality meets our strict standards.
- Become part of a small, dynamic team
- Flexible Schedule
- Learn how to make natural skincare products
- Great view from the studio!
- Employee discounts
- Possibility of PTO & Health Benefits after 3 months
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce skincare products, including but not limited to cold process soap, facial oils, mists, creams, body butters, masks and more (paid training is part of the onboarding process)
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Maintain clear communication with the Production Operations Manager and CEO
Within the first 6 months of employment, you should be able to:
- Produce all 17+ products autonomously
- Use and maintain all production equipment
- Meet all quality control standards during the production process
- Able and willing to do manual labor on a daily basis
- You must be able to and willing to lift 50lbs
- Are willing to learn how to use and maintain production equipment and other machinery such as an air compressor
This job might be for you if you:
- Love baking or cooking
- Are detail oriented and organized
- Are able to or willing to learn how to do basic math and measurement conversions ( Example: If 28g = 30 ml of product A, how many grams are in 4 fl oz of product A?)
- Love to learn and can self teach
- Have good communication skills
- Love natural skincare, aromatherapy, herbalism and/or healthy living.
- Have experience working in quality control
- Have professional food prep/baking experience or have experience making skincare products
- Have experience using Google Drive and excel
- Have a passion for sustainability/eco-friendliness
- Have a passion for healthy living
Compensation: Starting pay is $21/hr. 32 hours per week. Possibility of PTO and health benefits after 3 months of employment.
Location: On top of a hill, surrounded by trees and with a great view in Waterbury, CTCompensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions