Dishwasher & Porter Common Table
- Date Posted September 23, 2023
- Location Kingston, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
We know, it’s a lot of hyphens. To us, “health supportive food” is food that makes you feel well — and we want to help people feel well! To that end: we cook using little-to-no refined sugars, additives, or commercially processed products. We use heart healthy fats, a diversity of plant-based proteins, whole grains, and sustainably-raised animal products. Health supportive food is also food that was made by people working under good conditions, which we factor into our sourcing and employment practices as best we can. We work hard to make our kitchen a good place to be. In short, our food tastes good because it is good. Job description We're seeking someone to join our small yet mighty team of 4 employees to wash dishes and help with general cleaning, two days per week (with potential for more shifts as things evolve).
You would be washing dishes that were dirtied while we cooked up locally-sourced and health-supportive food for private clients and also our weekly meal subscription service, Full Fridge Club! Our kitchen is light-filled, comfortable, and well-equipped - we even have a small wares dishwasher to ease the workload. Our work is not customer-facing, so we listen to great music and keep the stress levels low.
We strive for the following in all of our operations:
- Clear & direct communication (questions are always welcome!)
- Efficiency & thoroughness
- Reliability & flexibility
- Teamwork! We jump in to help one another whenever it's needed.
- Trans & queer affirming space
- Mutual Aid
For every client we cook for, we put a free meal into the Kingston Community Fridges.
The ideal person for the job is:
- A meticulous cleaner... perhaps you've washed dishes in a commercial kitchen before and if *not* you are very good at cleaning things 'til they're not greasy
- Someone who moves quickly and with purpose so that we get things done, but we get them done well
- An enthusiastic and direct communicator - we prefer that you ask a million questions rather than making assumptions
- Consistently available / able to give at least a week's notice if unavailable for a shift
Current required shifts are Sundays 12-6pm and Mondays 12-4pm.
$20/hour, with shift hours guaranteed whether we finish early or not. Uniform allowance after 3 months, year end bonus.
Staff receives family meal for each shift, and often you take home leftovers too! Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions