Gen Ops Team Member DONA
- Date Posted September 25, 2023
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Production
- Job type Full-Time
At Dona, we craft tea concentrates, loose leaf tea, and herbal blends. Our quality begins with our ingredients. We source spices from collectives across the world, paying attention to place of origin, growing conditions, and end quality. Each spice is cupped to test for flavor profile, natural sweetness, and body. Our brewing process begins with whole spices that are ground fresh per batch. Then, our spices are slow-steeped to build complexity. The result is a full-bodied and perfectly balanced drink.Job description
We are looking for a few new DONA team members to join our small but mighty production team. You will work with our Brewery Lead and our Filling Line Lead to assist in the prep, production, filling, and packaging of our full line of spice focused beverages. You will learn our entire production process from start to finish, including (but definitely not limited to): brewing, filling, and packaging our liquid concentrates; blending and batching loose leaf tea and herbal blends; and palletizing finished product for our national and international customers.
Food safety, quality, and care are top priorities at DONA and we value people that bring a positive energy and desire for constant improvement and progression to the work they do.
This is a position with great growth potential. We are a small team doing big things and need someone who can be fluid and flexible as we refine our process, continue to scale up our operations, and develop new product lines. Must be a team player, great communicator and listener, and creative critical thinker with a desire to make high quality products with the highest standards of food safety and precision.
- 2 + years experience working in brewing/commercial beverage manufacturing, commercial food production facility/warehouse, or high volume restaurant kitchen ●
- Understanding of Food Safety standards – NY food safety certification card required; knowledge of Safe Quality Food, Food and Drug Administration, and Good Manufacturing Practices requirements a big plus!
- Mechanically inclined
- Licensed forklift operator (not a requirement, but a big plus!)
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback, both one-on-one and in group settings
- Ability to problem solve, especially in fast paced environments / under time constraints
- Familiarity with quality control and quality assurance techniques and methods
- ● Tea / spice knowledge (or tea / spice passion and curiosity!)
- ● Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Comfortable working on feet for extended periods of time
- Comfortable getting sweaty (and sticky!) at work
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong math skills
- Basic computer knowledge a must, including competency in Google Docs