About Good Eggs
At our core, we represent radical freshness, impeccable quality, curated selections and exceptional service. Picked yesterday, baked this morning, by the people we know and trust. We go straight to the source and bring only the best right to you. We're Good Eggs.
About the Role
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for executing the vision of Good Eggs and our partnership programs, by leading a culinary team to execute the daily food production within our production facility.. The candidate we hire must have the ability to produce excellent food quality consistently and profitably, achieve high standards of food safety, the ability to use technology and spreadsheets to organize food production, as well as manage kitchen efficiency. This is a management role intended to lead our culinary processes and employees, including cooks, prep cooks, packers, and dishwashers, as well as execute in business areas such as inventory management, buying, labor planning & scheduling, finalizing recipes, creating reports, training the team and championing food and employee safety.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Through your leadership, produce the highest quality or prepared foods for the Good Eggs food and partnership programs.
- Manage and keep the team accountable to company quality standards, completion of all daily production, daily lists, established standards, and assigned tasks.
- Use technology and software programs to translate recipes to kitchen production plans.
- Delegate recipes and ensure smooth production, as well as anticipate the needs of customers, operations or food partners.
- Champion both food and employee safety throughout the kitchen.
- Manage inventory including controlling food cost and reduce product loss and other unnecessary costs.
- Oversee purchasing ingredients
- Partner with other chefs to write production schedules.
- Ensure adherence to all standardized recipes (i.e. weights, and methods) when prepping, cooking or packing food.
- Identify areas for improvement in efficiency, recipes, processes and implement changes by training the team.
- Maintain excellent sanitation practices throughout the kitchen.
- Responsible for accurate inventory management and product purchasing.
- Guide team to properly handle any waste via trash, compost, recycling, or any other methods as determined by the facility.
- Troubleshoot recipes and other situations as needed - exercise good judgment and communicate relevant information to all stakeholders.
- Employee relations - have a consistent awareness of team dynamic, lead problem solving and or partner with the management or the People team as needed.
- Other jobs as needed for food team projects and or partnerships.
- Minimum 4 years batch and high volume cooking experience, as well as management experience.
- Able to accommodate a wide variety of food and cooking methods.
- Must be able to work a flexible shift schedule.
- Strong use of kitchen or fulfillment software, as well as use of Excel spreadsheet or Google Sheets.
- Positive outlook, personable, approachable, hard-working & committed to the success of the team.
- Ability to use a computer daily to input and maintain records including, but not limited to production, inventory, inventory transfers, temperature logs, recipes, emails, and employee documentation.
- Strong time-management skills and a sense of urgency in the kitchen.
- Strong awareness of what s happening in the kitchen and ability to see the bigger picture of what needs to get done in terms of quality, food and employee safety and on-time delivery.
- Highly organized with the ability to plan.
- Strong communicator not only in the kitchen but externally with partners.
- Comfortable in a dynamic, start-up environment.
- Knowledge of seasonal and local products.
- Experience in multiple cuisines and high-volume production.
- Production planning to recipes and quantities needed.
- Comfortable and experienced with a wide variety of kitchen equipment.
- Food Safety and kitchen hygiene knowledge required.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment where duties are shared.
- Comfortable using a variety of software (including, but not limited to, Google Suite and Slack), scheduling, production scheduling, recipe management, and team communication.
- Night, weekend, and holiday shifts required.
- Job hazards may include slips and falls, cuts, and burns, but injuries are seldom serious.
- This position requires slip-resistant footwear and uniforms that will be provided to you.
- Will be going in and out of the freezer or refrigerator as needed.
- Busy, fast-paced Kitchen.
- We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities requiring considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling carts, and handling materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and push and pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 9 hours per day.
- Standing: Up to 9 hours per day.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F).
- Seating: Up to 1 hour per day.
- Reaching: Up, down, or laterally, up to 8 hours per day.
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for illness prevention, food safety, local, state, or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.
- Must be able to work in a multitude of environments.
Targeted compensation range: 70k - 80k
Paid Sick Time
Enrollment after 90 days in our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (not matching at this time)
For employees working 30+ hours per week, Medical, Dental and Vision plans with Kaiser & United Healthcare
Generous Parental Leave
Life Insurance, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability - all eligible employees receive coverage
20% Employee Discount
this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $70,000.00 - $80,000.00
This job expired on November 24, 2023
DeadlineNovember 24, 2023