Logistics + Ops Associate Manager Omsom
- Date Posted September 26, 2023
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
LEARN MORE + APPLY HERE
As Logistics & Operations Associate Manager, you will play a critical role in our high-growth startup. You will be responsible for the successful execution of all Omsom Logistics needs, working hand in hand with our 3PLS, with the support of the Director of Operations. Additionally, you will assist the DOO with detailed stock and raw material management, co-manufacturer communications, and any Operational projects on the board at any given time. Reporting directly to the DOO, you will help execute a scalable departmental roadmap, and manage relationships with key logistics partners.
This is a full-time role. Remote candidates are acceptable!
The position starts at Associate Manager level.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Managing/owning the successful processing, fulfillment and transportation for all purchase orders that come in from all Omsom business channels (Retail, Alt Retail and DTC).
- Maintaining Logistics Department KPI of 95% service (OTIF) level or higher.
- Adhering to and executing each retailer’s routing, fulfillment & labeling guidelines.
- Record all orders fulfilled through the Logistics department and submit monthly fulfillment reports.
- Booking freight for raw materials (ingredients & packaging), creating ASNs and tracking successful deliveries.
- Booking freight for internal product transfers, creating ASNs.
- Day to day communication, order instructions and coordination with all of Omsom’s partner 3PLs.
- Using Omsom’s EDI software to manage orders with larger retailers.
- Shepherd EDI connections implemented by DOO, all the way through to activation, communicating timelines and updates regularly to management.
- Monitoring finished goods and raw material inventories at all 3PLs with the support of DOO.
- Working with our Amazon fulfillment team to process replenishment requests and stock transfers.
- Managing and submitting kit requests / misc. projects with our 3PLs.
- Working with CX to explain OOS, handle order issues, etc.
- Follow departmental SOPs.
- Assist DOO in creating new departmental SOPs on all new processes built together.
- Source + build meaningful, long-term relationships with all logistics partners through strategic, collaborative communication and negotiate pricing / terms for new + existing products. Logistics partners include 3PL, wholesale and retail partners.
- Complete all Operational sign-on paperwork for new retail and wholesale partners.
- Handle customer service needs for grocery logistics partners.
- Manage sample request fulfillment for marketing partners, retail partners and beyond.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations on forecasting + capacity planning and with Marketing on go-to market strategy for new launches.
- Assist DOO in executing all new product launches.
- Constantly improve existing operational systems based on experience and insights
- Attend frequent check-ins with DOO, weekly meetings with the wider Omsom team, and weekly calls with 3PLs.
- 1-3 years experience Logistics, Operations and/or customer service for a food CPG.
- Motivated and highly detailed self-starter who takes initiative, always asks for help when it’s needed, and can deliver on high expectations with regular progress check-ins with DOO.
- Strong track record of successfully executing logistics and operational tasks.
- Highly organized + reliable, able to manage multiple projects at once
- Analytical problem-solver with an ability to interpret and synthesize meaningful patterns and themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong collaborator, skilled at building trusting relationships, getting buy-in and advocating for Omsom’s needs and priorities
- Proactive, hard-working and resourceful in pushing progress forward and meeting accelerated timelines
- Deeply understands + is passionate about Omsom’s mission, vision + values
- Culture fit: empathetic, understanding, fun
We offer a competitive salary package, health benefits, an unlimited vacation policy, and a monthly wellness stipend.
Omsom was founded by two Vietnamese sisters - Vanessa and Kim Pham. Vanessa is a CPG and e-comm strategist and alumna of Bain and Harvard. Kim is a longtime startup operator and ex-VC. Both are Forbes 30 Under 30 recipients.
We have 3 main values:
- Rising Tides Raise All Boats - We believe underrepresented communities can unlock and amplify each other’s mobility and influence.
- Lead and Work Wholeheartedly - We hire, collaborate, and make decisions from a place of abundance, making sure to revel in the journey, not the destination.
- Build With Intention, Without Concession - We are committed to uncompromised flavors and undiluted stories. As a company, we exist to reclaim, honor, and celebrate POC communities and cuisines.
As a company that was built from a desire for inclusion and representation, Omsom seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. BIPOC, women, and LGBTQ+ individuals are highly encouraged to apply.
Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $58,500.00 - $75,000.00 Location job can be done remotely Application instructions