Donor Stewardship Coordinator Organic Farming Research Foundation
- Date Posted September 26, 2023
- Location Santa Cruz, CA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
The mission of the Organic Farming Research Foundation (OFRF) is to foster the improvement and widespread adoption of organic farming systems. OFRF envisions a future where organic farming is the leading form of agriculture. Our goal is to broaden access to and involvement in our programs; working toward greater equity in our food and agriculture systems overall. Since our founding in 1990, OFRF has sponsored organic farming research, education, and outreach to support organic and transitioning farmers across North America. This work is complemented by efforts to share our findings with policymakers, agricultural institutions, and federal agencies to support broader change and advance the organic sector.Job description
This Donor Stewardship Coordinator role is a full-time (40 hours/week), benefited, non-exempt position. While the organization is based in Santa Cruz, CA, this position can work remotely within the USA.
The Donor Stewardship Coordinator is part of the development team and is responsible for implementing the donor relations strategy with the Partnerships and Development Director. This position will ensure that existing donors feel appreciated, informed, and engaged with the organization’s mission and will collaborate in building effective stewardship and donor acquisition for the organization.
This role contributes to developing and implementing messaging to existing and prospective donors and maintaining accurate and up-to-date donor information in Salesforce. This position also aims to shore up our stewardship work and build capacity for effective relationship management for existing and potential donors and partners. This work is essential to building and maintaining trust within our community and allows for continued expansion of our development efforts.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with the Development Director to enhance donor relationships, increase the likelihood of continued support, and develop new recognition opportunities for donor communities.
- Assist the Development Director with donor research and drafting communications.
- Collaborate with the Development Director and the communications team to manage donor and partner recognition and amenities.
- Coordinate with staff to identify new fundraising opportunities.
- Make recommendations for improving results from donor engagement activities.
- Track and maintain a schedule of donor pledges and invoices.
- Assist with the development of collateral material, i.e., annual report.
- Oversee new and existing donor acknowledgment.
- Other related assignments as necessary.
Donor Information Management
- Work with the Development Director and Office Manager to ensure all aspects of OFRF’s development record keeping are current, including maintaining files and updating donor/partner information in the database.
- Maintain database accuracy by managing donor and partner information, adding and updating constituent records, and entering key donor interactions by staff.
- Review and audit data for accuracy, investigate and resolve discrepancies, and provide leadership in ongoing management of database information and integrity.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in development and fundraising at a nonprofit.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of OFRF, including alignment with OFRF’s racial equity, inclusion, and diversity initiatives.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) systems and managing donor information, Salesforce experience preferred.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to manage contact lists and data integrity.
- Clear and effective communication skills (written and oral).
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative, achieve goals, maintain timelines and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience working and communicating collaboratively in a remote setting and comfort using Microsoft Teams, Google Drive, Google Suite, and Asana.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Starting hourly rate is $23-28/hour depending on experience. OFRF offers a competitive benefits package and a great work environment with lots of flexibility. We look for co-workers who can have fun and are committed to working for a cause we love.Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $23.00 - $28.00 Location job can be done remotely Application instructions