Line Cook NO|MA House Café & Collective
- Date Posted October 02, 2023
- Location Saint Helena, CA
- Category Culinary / Design
- Job type Full-Time
NO|MA House Café & Collective (short for “North Main”, located at 1429 Main St, St. Helena) is a café and retail collective that is deeply rooted in community. Energizing the north end of Main Street in downtown St. Helena, CA.
We bring people together to eat, talk, work, learn, shop, and find inspiration in a beautifully designed and welcoming space.
We celebrate wholesome ingredients throughout our café menu that are meant to nourish and satiate.
Our retail collective offers an alternative to fast-paced home, lifestyle, and fashion cycles, where guests can shop intentionally sourced treasures, objects and furniture that are meant to support thoughtful consumerism, local artisans, and makers.Job description
We feel fortunate to be surrounded by talented and passionate individuals everyday and are looking to welcome a Line Cook to our enthusiastic team!
The Line Cook plays a critical role in the NO|MA House kitchen and is responsible for preparing high-quality dishes efficiently and consistently, while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 2+ years of experience as a Line/Prep Cook in a kitchen setting.
- Working proficiency of English language.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively with kitchen staff and willingness to learn from others.
- Proficient in reading/speaking English.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time, and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Preparing menu items, following recipes and instructions provided by both the R&D Chef and their supervising Kitchen Manager.
- Organize and prioritize tasks required to prepare ingredients, mise en place, and coordinate with other kitchen staff to ensure orders are completed on time.
- Maintain inventory of ingredients and supplies for the workstation, alerting the Kitchen Manager when items are needed.
- Ensure the quality and freshness of ingredients, checking dishes for flavor, texture, and presentation before they are served to customers.
- Cleaning and sanitization of work area, utensils, dishware, and equipment, to maintain a clean and safe kitchen environment that adheres to health and safety standards, including proper food handling, storage, and preparation techniques.
- Collaboration with other kitchen staff, including the R&D Chef, Kitchen Manager, and peers, to ensure that orders are completed efficiently and accurately.
- This position may also require agility, adaptability, and the ability to pivot quickly in response to changing situations. You may be asked to jump in and help the team in a variety of ways not listed in this position description.
- NO|MA House Café and Collective will be open 7 am – 5pm Wednesday-Sunday
- Schedule will typically be from 6:30am – 3:30pm
- $23 per hour
- Shift meals
- Medical and dental benefits for full time employees.
- 50% discount on café food and 20% discount for retail products.