Chef & Culinary Instructor The Pantry
- Date Posted October 08, 2023
- Location Seattle, WA
- Category Culinary / Education
- Job type Full-Time
- Work full-time with a mix of teaching classes, assisting classes, and cooking for dinners.
- Develop topics, menus, recipes, and flows for all new classes within the allotted time.
- Assist other instructor’s classes and provide real-time feedback to chef instructors. Support the guests and instructor to encourage community and ensure a smooth event. Help cook food, serve meals, and wash dishes.
- Support the training of new assistants and chefs to grow a team that is knowledgeable, capable, and exude the Pantry brand personality: fun, quirky, charming, & community-oriented. This involves exuding patience while sharing knowledge and giving respectful and professional feedback directly.
- Support colleagues’ recipe development, fielding questions as available.
- Let the ordering team know about amount updates immediately after class via email or class notes.
Weekly Advance Prep
- Work with instructors and docs/ordering teams to manage class flow docs and develop weekly prep lists.
- Support new instructors utilizing weekly Advance Prep team by helping them build their flow docs and provide feedback.
- Maintain the Advance Prep spreadsheet.
- Support staff management by being aware of issues with staff and communicating staff needs to the leadership team.
- Be at ease with frequent email communication, filling out spreadsheets, and formatting google documents.
- Read all emails and google doc comments and respond within 5 days, or by the date requested.
- Provide a phenomenal customer experience through email, phone, and in-person interaction.
- Meet deadlines on all projects. Communicate proactively with management if additional time is needed or if time allotted is excessive.
- Arrive on time for assigned shifts, being physically and mentally present during the shifts, and stay for the duration of each shift.
- Turn in deliverables for all side projects that have been billed for.
Administrative and Self-management:
- Maintain valid Food Handlers and MAST permits.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Google Workspace or related software.
- Ability to effectively teach others.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain personal hygiene.
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, and working in a kitchen.
- Exposure to extreme heat, steam, and cold present in a kitchen environment.
- Must be able to work late nights and early mornings.
- Manual dexterity to cut and chop foods and perform other related tasks.
Schedule and Salary Details:
- Tuesday though Saturday schedule
- $62,000-$68,000, depending on experience
- 3 weeks PTO + 8 paid holidays
- Contribution to an IRA account
- Contribution to group healthcare plan