Field Crew Farm D'ICI
- Date Posted November 14, 2023
- Location Canby, OR
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Part-Time
It is my passion to turn our small space into an oasis of food, animals, insects, and people. The farm is where I feel good and where I hope that you will as well. We eat our lunch together, share our life goals with each other, and we empower one another to be our best selves.
Start date: March 1st
Tuesday to Friday
Duties include all aspects of small-scale vegetable farming: seeding, greenhouse/propagation work, field preparation, transplanting, weeding, harvesting, washing & packing, organic pest-control, mowing, small machine operation, CSA pack up, etc.
BCS experience highly desired.
What you can look forward to:
- A communicative and supportive team
- An environment where questions are welcomed
- Learning how small ecosystems function and thrive
- A safe space for critical thinking
- A hard and satisfying day’s work
- Supportive mentorship
- Beautiful vegetables
- Sun therapy :)
- 1 season of farm experience, preferably in organic small scale
agriculture. People who have no farm experience, but are motivated to learn and hard working can also apply.
- Must have a valid driver's license. We are located in a rural setting. Public transportation is extremely limited and does not correspond with our hours.
- Able to follow clear directions
- Must have great attention to detail, mostly in harvesting high quality produce and packing pre-ordered shares.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, frequently.
- Able to work long hours in adverse conditions
- Good communication skills
- Ideally, experience harvesting and washing vegetables
- Able to work independently for long periods of time.
- Can stay focused on tasks for long periods
- Curiosity and willingness to learn new things
- Able to keep a positive attitude
- A love for good food
Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineDecember 10, 2023