Experienced Bread and Pastry Baker Mel the Bakery
- Date Posted November 12, 2023
- Location Hudson, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Mel is a small bakery focused on serving its neighborhood and community first. Offering a variety of hearth sourdough breads and pastry, Mel thoughtfully sources our grain from organic local and regional farms. All bread and pastry is handmade with respect and appreciation for the timeless craft. We offer a rotating selection of naturally leavened sourdough bread, pastry, coffee, and light fare.
From wheat-berry to loaf, fresh grain is not only more nutritious, but can also positively impact our greater agricultural economy. A % of our flour is milled fresh in house to enhance fermentation and flavor in our dough. At Mel we know that good grain makes great bread and pastry, and this knowledge is fundamental to all of our practices.Job description Mel is looking for a passionate, experienced, and focused baker to join our small opening team. Minimum 2+ years of professional baking experience.
- Responsible for working closely with with a team in executing Mel's retail and wholesale bread and pastry production
- 2+ years of experience in any food/hospitality profession (BOH), at least 2+ years in bread focused production.
- Responsible and highly organized with excellent communication skills.
- Team player ethic
- Dynamic personality with highly developed problem solving skills who remains calm and demonstrates emotional maturity under pressure.
- Basic food safety knowledge required. You should be comfortable directing staff in proper handling procedures to ensure the cleanliness of the property and the quality of all of Mel's products.
- In possession of, or willing to obtain, an NYC DOH Food Handler's license.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Ability to work on your feet for a full shift.
- Ability to lift 50+lbs during an 8-hour shift.
- Pay dependent on experience.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline