Cheesemonger Bedford Cheese Shop +1 more
- Date Posted November 13, 2023
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Are you an enthusiastic team player that loves the world of cheese and specialty foods? Do you enjoy exploring new tastes and sharing your passion with others? Bedford Cheese Shop is hiring a cheesemonger to help us in all things cheese.
Our small staff of knowledgeable cheesemongers are experts in the field who teach through taste and are dedicated to engaging and inviting interactions across the cheese counter. We are proud of our focus on individualized, education-based customer service.
- You ideally have experience as a cheesemonger, though experience in food service or restaurants will also be considered.
- You are passionate about food, articulate, and have a love for all things cheese.
- You are a great communicator, team player, and will always show respect to those working with you.
- You have an understanding of stellar customer service and believe that anyone who walks into Bedford Cheese Shop should be met with a friendly greeting.
- Serve customers throughout the store: cheese, charcuterie, antipasto, prepared foods, and groceries.
- Cut to order cheese and charcuterie.
- Preparing platters for our catering department and ensuring their fulfillment.
- Fulfilling orders for Mercato and other online purchases.
- Stock and merchandise the shop - making sure it looks great all day and maintaining FIFO.
- Communicate proactively with Manager about items to be ordered, fixed, customer feedback, etc.
- Follow food safety and hygiene standards set forth by the state and ownership/management.
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of the shop, including but not limited to: food prep areas, work stations, refrigerators, bathrooms, outdoor seating area.
- Grow and develop your skills and knowledge about the cheese industry overall, as well as Bedford Cheese Shop's offerings: cheese, charcuterie, antipasto, grocery, sandwiches & prepared foods, gift baskets, platters, etc.
- Tasting cheese!
- Experience as a cheesemonger highly preferred.
- Ability to multitask and wear many hats.
- Positive energy and a go-getter attitude.
- Flexibility in scheduling - holidays, mornings, evenings, weekends.
- A desire to grow with the shop as we continue to expand, develop, and create.
- Ability to work 8 hours standing.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Tasting cheese!
- Weekly pay.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance offered to full-time employees after 30 days.
- Employee discount on our products.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline