Head Chef Grateful Hearts Bennington, Inc
- Date Posted November 13, 2023
- Location Bennington, VT
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
GRATEFUL HEARTS BENNINGTON
HEAD CHEF JOB DESCRIPTION
Are you a curious, creative cook? Are you passionate about celebrating local produce in your dishes? Do you want to develop you culinary creativity in your own way. Grateful Hearts is looking for a passionate chef who shares our philosophy to keep it clean, colorful and close to craft nourishing meals that promote wellness and vitality for our recipients.
The successful candidate shall:
- Find inspiration from produce gleaned to incorporate into your weekly menus.
- Lead volunteers safely and effectively in the kitchen to craft hundreds of meals a week while creating a joyful kitchen culture.
- Maintain collaborative communication with farmers, producers and distribution partners.
- Skilled at budget and inventory management through google workspace.
- Adhere to the highest standards of safety and sanitation. The kitchen will be maintained with the highest level of respect, cleanliness and organization. The successful candidate will hold a Food Safety Managers certification.
- Design and execute weekly menus in accordance with Grateful Hearts cooking philosophy and available produce
INVENTORY & STORAGE
- Manage inventory of produce and staples
- Purchase staples and supplies as needed, collaborating on budget with treasurer
- Keep limited storage spaces organized, clean, safe
- Coordinate with the glean and inventory teams, establish and implement safe storage practices
- Communicate with and support volunteer cooks including but not limited to:
- Weekly sign ups
- Providing clear, safe, and doable tasks, regardless of ability
- Coordinate with packaging team including but not limited to:
- Detail all ingredients for each menu item
- Identifying preferred packaging type and size
- Identify fresh vs frozen
- Maintain positive, open communication with all partners, hosts, and suppliers
- Provide the board with updates, needs and suggestions in support of Grateful Hearts
SAFETY & SANITATION
- Ensure that all volunteers understand and adhere to safety and sanitation
The Head Chef position will require 20 hours a week and pays $25/ hr on a 1099 basis
Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline