Kitchen Production Cook Guido's Fresh Marketplace
- Date Posted November 15, 2023
- Location Great Barrington, MA
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
It all began with two brothers in search of the very best produce they could find. They named their roadside stand after their father Guido, determined to carry on the commitment to good health and personal integrity that ran through everything he did. That little roadside stand has grown, but Chris & Matt Masiero’s purpose has remained the same…
Calling all cooks! Guido’s Fresh Marketplace is assembling the kitchen team for our newly expanded Great Barrington location. We are looking to hire full and part-time prep and production cooks. If you love working in the kitchen but don’t love the grind and late nights of restaurant work, this might be the perfect fit for you.
Guido’s prides itself on using the freshest ingredients whenever possible. The prep team works under the direction of senior kitchen staff in preparing a variety of ingredients for dishes, recipes, and salad/hot bar choices by chopping vegetables, grilling proteins, and preparing various recipe components according to instruction. Working in a clean and organized fashion is a must.
We are looking for responsible and independently motivated individuals who can respond nimbly to a fast-paced work environment, providing support wherever there is a need. This will be a high production kitchen, and we’re looking to build a hardworking and supportive team.
Experience Requirements: 2 years commercial kitchen experience
Schedule (combination of days/times below)
Morning shifts may begin as early as 6am and end by 4pm, Afternoon shifts typically start at 10am and end by 7:30 pm
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary Range: $18 - $22 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare food items according to recipes.
- Prepare variety of cut fruits & veggies for dishes, recipes, and salad/hot bar choices.
- Use various kitchen equipment including grills, ovens, and steamers
- Ensure that products are beautifully packaged and displayed, while maintaining stock levels
- Help in the production of premade kitchen offerings
- Maintain organized back stock, check inventory when needed
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization along with the safety of all work areas
Key Skills Required
- Excellent knife skills
- Ability to work effectively with a team or autonomously
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Active Food Safety Certificate (will provide for test if necessary)
- Must be organized, able to multitask, and easily adapt and respond to change
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Effective time management skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
Guido’s is a family-owned grocery and specialty market with two locations in the Berkshires. Our staff is a diverse group of dedicated and creative food lovers whose enthusiasm and knowledge make the store a true destination for the community and beyond. As an employer, Guido’s works hard to foster an inclusive atmosphere for all staff to contribute to the success of our stores. We offer competitive pay and benefits and place a strong value on work/life balance. We have great benefits (including 20% off your groceries, a complete insurance plan, and a 401K with up to a 4% match), lots of opportunities for growth, and amazing team members.
At Guido’s Fresh Marketplace, we believe that everyone—employees, customers, vendors, and our greater community—have a right to safety, representation, and good food. We are committed to a transparent culture within the company, so that all employees, from the bagger to the CFO, are heard and respected. We honor the diverse heritage of our employees and customers, strive to provide high-quality and culturally appropriate foods for our community, and work to make our stores accessible and welcoming for all.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. (EEOC.gov, 2021)Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $18.00 - $22.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline