Community Engagement Coordinator DC Greens, Inc
- Date Posted November 15, 2023
- Location Washington, DC
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
DC Greens uses the levers of food education, food access, and food policy to advance food justice in the nation’s capital. We do this by:
Focusing on transformational changes at the systems-level
Building bridges between government, private sector, communities and non-profits
Developing advocacy channels to amplify marginalized voices
Curating best practices and leveraging existing infrastructure
Responding to community needs
Providing thought leadership
One day all people will be powered by food that sustains the environment, reinvests in local economies, and improves well-being and health.Our Values
DC Greens’ values are at the heart of our work. These values reinforce each other, and are never practiced in isolation. We strive to align all of our work – both external and internal – to these values, and believe they are central to accomplishing our mission and vision.
Collaboration: We value collaboration over competition and enter every relationship looking for common ground.
Integrity: We believe that change moves at the pace of trust, and that we must work diligently to earn and maintain trust in every relationship. This includes being transparent and accountable, conducting ourselves with integrity, being responsive to needs, and treating others with compassion.
Creativity: We believe that a measure of creativity is necessary to find new solutions to old problems. While we are pragmatic in our approach, we value outside-the-box thinking, bringing equal measures of optimism and creative visioning into our work.
Sustainability: We believe that large-scale system change can only occur with sustainable solutions. We value sustainability in all of its meanings – seeking to engender change that is both environmentally sound and that shifts cultural priorities so that structures are put in place to support the work into the future.
Equity: We believe that our work can play a role in dismantling structural oppression. We value the perspectives and experiences of all people, and respect all forms of knowledge. We will work to ensure that marginalized voices are at the table and that their voices inform our work.
DC Greens, a non-profit organization that uses the levers of food education, food access, and food policy to advance health equity in the nation's capital, is currently seeking a Community Engagement Coordinator.
This position will support DC Greens’ 2023 Community Engagement strategy and completion of our inreach and outreach initiatives. Our current engagement strategy tackles engagement from two perspectives. The first focuses on engaging the community of place around The Well at Oxon Run; the second engages the communities of interest centered around DC Greens’ strategic and programmatic goals. As the Community Engagement Coordinator, you will lead, train, and guide internal and external stakeholders, working side by side with community members to participate in a variety of engagement activities.
You are an ideal candidate if you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, are comfortable engaging a diverse group of people, have experience utilizing technology to improve efficiencies, and have experience leading peer training. This is a hybrid position, with frequent on-site responsibilities at The Well at Oxon Run and in other parts of the Washington, D.C. area. This position reports to the Community Engagement Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Community Engagement Infrastructure Development and Support
- Contribute to structural design meetings for Community Engagement team work
- Identifying themes, researching and developing the presentation for CE practices
- Contribute to creation and design of Community Engagement tools, trainings, and materials, including maintaining a listserv for DC Greens’ community engagement purposes
- Lead on integration, maintenance, and support of software being utilized by Community Engagement
- Provide overall support and collaboration for the Community Engagement Manager
- Support on all tasks associated with cross-team collaboration
Outreach and Participant Engagement
- Support in-person outreach and planned events at The Well at Oxon Run
- Responsible for coordinating and supporting relationships with partner organizations, key service providers, and community institutions (i.e., schools, clinics, senior centers, and places of worship) to further DC Greens initiatives
- Support the creation and distribution (virtual and physical) of materials to partner organizations, service providers, and community institutions
- Lead on communications initiatives for Community Engagement (i.e., email, newsletters, video, SMS (text) messages, surveys, and social media posts)
- Collaborate in developing and managing relationships with partner organizations and creating and framing messages to these groups
- Support completion of financial responsibilities
- Lead updates to organizational calendar for Community Engagement activities
Team Contributor and Collaborator
- Participate actively and respectfully in team and staff meetings and retreats
- Contribute to the overall improvement of the organization
- Represent the organization externally, including at major fundraising events, in accordance with stated values
- Expected to be self-reflective around how power, privilege, and access supports or challenges efforts to center equity
- Additional related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 plus years’ experience in customer care or community outreach
- Commitment to the vision and mission of DC Greens
- Experience and cultural competence working with historically underserved communities
- High attention to detail and demonstrated proactive and strategic approach to daily task execution
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan and execute independently and in collaboration with a team
- Have experience in professional relationship building, peer training and public facing roles
- Experience designing print collateral and social media content.
- Proficient in outreach systems(Qwary) Canva, Mailchimp, or Grasshopper, with strong overall technical abilities
Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $73,800.00 - $79,050.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineDecember 27, 2023