SEASONAL - Contact Center Specialist Johnny's Selected Seeds
- Date Posted November 17, 2023
- Location Fairfield, ME
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
Johnny’s Selected Seeds was established in 1973 by our Founder, Rob Johnston, Jr. Today we are 100% Employee Owned. Johnny’s mission is Helping families, friends, and communities to feed one another by providing superior seeds, tools, information, and service.Job description
We are looking for seasonal employees to join our team from November through May.
Contact Center Specialist - Seasonal
Position Summary – The Contact Center Specialist will provide professional, quality, and "best in class" service for existing and prospective new customers by using a consultative approach that reflects the culture and mission of Johnny’s Selected Seeds. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, team player with an aptitude for finding the right solutions to customer’s needs and wants. These positions generally go through May.
- Handles inbound calls.
- Communicates directly with customers, either by telephone, chat and/or electronic methods.
- Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent documentation and records with a high attention to detail to ensure data accuracy in the order entry systems and other technology systems as needed.
- Recommends and provides advice of products and services with clarity and confidence.
- Takes the initiative to obtain and consistently upgrade product knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
- Understands and adheres to established department protocols, processes.
- Builds relationships and works closely with co-workers, at all levels of the organization in a positive manner to leverage the knowledge and the experiences of the JSS staff to support the customer experience.
- Identify and escalated priority issues.
- Regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability is an essential function of this position.
- Assist in entering Mail, Fax, and Web orders.
- Complete other related tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Qualifications & Skills
- An interest or prior experience in agriculture, farming, or home gardening.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant computer software applications, and the ability to work with more than one program simultaneously, including Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to learn difficult information quickly.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities.
- A forward-thinker.
- A team player with a strong work ethic and an outgoing positive attitude.
- The propensity for taking that extra step in finding the right solutions for each individual customer’s needs.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing with an ability to deliver the intended message in a friendly and professional manner.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices, the customer’s first approach.
- Proficient in keyboarding/typing skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation..
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to sit at a computer for at least 75% of the work day.
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Johnny’s Selected Seeds was established in 1973 by our Founder, Rob Johnston, Jr. Today we are 100% Employee Owned. Johnny’s mission is Helping families, friends, and communities to feed one another by providing superior seeds, tools, information, and service.
Johnny’s is renowned for our exceptional customer service offering seeds, tools, supplies and information to direct-market growers and avid home gardeners. We source, breed, trial, and sell outstanding selected varieties of vegetables, cut flowers, herbs, and farm seed, as well as thoughtfully designed tools and equipment. We take pride in the wealth of information and depth of experience we offer our customer base, nationwide and globally.
We are a strong, stable company focused on growth while still maintaining our small company feel and staying true to our roots. Beautiful Central Maine, where our research farm, warehouse, and offices are located, is the perfect launching point for an active, four season lifestyle. Geographically situated halfway between Maine’s mountains and its 4500-mile-long coastline, we’re a short drive away from resorts, parks, and harbors renowned for a rich diversity of recreational and cultural opportunities.
If you are passionate about good, healthy food and would choose to work for a company with fellow co-owners who are passionate about our mission and values, Johnny’s may be the place for you!Johnny’s Selected Seeds is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline