Cheesemonger Roscioli NYC
- Date Posted November 17, 2023
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Roscioli is a Roman institution, both with locals and visitors from around the world, with close to 200 years of history.
You’ll find four unique locations within the Eternal City, all of which are renowned for their artisan Italian products and industry leading approach to hospitality.
It all began in 1974 with Antico Forno Roscioli, located in one of the oldest bakeries in the city dating to 1824. Famed not only for its bread, the Forno is the go-to place for Roman street food such as supplì and pizza al taglio.
Twenty years later, Salumeria Roscioli, the deli, opened and revolutionized the restaurant world when they added a kitchen. Endless research goes into sourcing only the finest ingredients. Today it’s known worldwide for the famous carbonara, nearly 300 artisan cheeses, 150 cured meats and over 3,000 wine labels in the cellar.
Rimessa Roscioli, born from wine tasting and pairing experiences, is also a full restaurant with a convivial spirit, a focus on wine and storytelling, and other experiences like cooking classes, EVOO tastings, and a world-class wine club featuring artisan Italian wines.
Finally, just a few meters away is Roscioli Caffè, the perfect place for a quick coffee at the bar like a true Roman, paired with something sweet from their patisserie selections.Job description
The Cheesemonger will report directly to the Executive Chef and execute the vision of Roscioli through serving the highest quality of cheeses, meats, and provisions sourced specifically for Roscioli NYC. The ideal candidate is passionate about Italy, cheese, and charcuterie and sharing their knowledge.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares, packages, receives, and stocks product
- Assists guests with retail product selection and shares knowledge of products
- Weighs, labels and packages products and completes food preparation in a timely manner
- Ensures counter and display refrigerators neatly and accurately as per the pricing menu, and promptly informs management when food quantities or supplies are low
- Merchandises displays attractively and rotates products per quality; First In First Out (FIFO) standards
- Cleans workstation thoroughly
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Basic knife skills
- Knowledge of cheese is required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be passionate, entrepreneurial, and dedicated to success
- Professional Culinary Experience a plus
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, nights, and holidays as required
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistent safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing 10 – 30 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for prolong periods of time
- Ability to operate equipment within the departments
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the store. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms, and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Climbing steps regularly.
The base pay range for this position is a range of $23-$25 per hour. The determination of what a specific employee in this job classification is paid within the range depends on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, prior employment history/job-related knowledge, qualifications and skills, etc.
Roscioli NYC is an equal opportunity employer.Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions