Director of Network Engagement KC Healthy Kids
- Date Posted November 17, 2023
- Location Anywhere
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
KC Healthy Kids is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the health and well-being of children and families through community-driven initiatives and advocacy where they live, learn, work and play. We also support a number of initiatives designed to improve the food and built environments, including the Kansas Food Action Network.
Composed of over 30 local food, farm and policy councils, the Kansas Food Action Network is a statewide advocacy network focused on building resilient local and state food systems in Kansas. The Network provides technical assistance, coaching, peer-to-peer learning and network opportunities to support growth and development of food system leadership in Kansas.
KC Healthy Kids seeks an enthusiastic and creative Director of Network Engagement to provide programmatic and administrative support for the Kansas Food Action Network. Reporting to the Senior Director of the Kansas Food Action Network, this staff person will provide critical outreach and engagement support to our growing organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct outreach and organizing efforts to build a diverse and effective statewide network of local food policy councils
- Support the development of new food, farm, and policy councils across the state of Kansas
- Coordinate and facilitate monthly calls with the statewide Network
- Design and lead coordination of in-person and virtual network events, including an annual statewide convening and an annual advocacy day.
- Lead an annual statewide assessment of food council capacity
- Facilitate an annual community engagement process to establish the Network technical assistance, programming, and policy priorities.
- Track and respond to technical assistance requests from member councils in a thoughtful and timely manner
- Design responsive technical assistance (i.e. coordinating guest speakers, hosting workshops, etc.) to meet Network members’ needs.
- Design and regularly update technical assistance tools
- Facilitate the Network’s New Member Orientation
External Stakeholder Engagement
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with food system partners in Kansas and across the country
- Stay connected to the Johns Hopkins FPN network, including the completion of survey requests, engagement with listserv posts
- Design and distribution of monthly newsletter
- Prepare presentations and publications for professional and public audiences.
- Write email newsletters, update the website and manage social media.
- Work with staff to plan and implement advocacy communications.
- Management of the Network listserv (includes updating the listserv, responding to listserv information requests)
- Management of communications database - managing contact information for board members, network councils, and key stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, public administration, community planning and design, nutrition, public health, or related field preferred OR comparable professional experience
- One to three years of experience in food policy council or coalition organizing strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Kansas food systems is desirable; passion for food systems change is a must.
- Understanding of the role of federal, state, and local policy in influencing the food system
- Event planning and project management experience
- Experience with grant writing and/or funding processes
- Strong communications background
- Creative and strategic thinking skills.
- Experience with learning management systems and/or curriculum design
- Must be proficient in use of a personal computer, including electronic scheduling and Google suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Must be proficient in Zoom
Reports to: Senior Director, Kansas Food Action Network
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $70,000 based on experience. Benefits include paid time off; mobile phone stipend; health, dental, vision and disability insurance; and a contribution to a retirement plan. KC Healthy Kids staff work a flexible, 32-hour work week.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Location job can be done remotely Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline