Head Chef Kkinee
- Date Posted November 17, 2023
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
- Full time
- Eligible for Equity
- Opportunity to become a founding team member of a future billion-dollar F&B company
- Who are we
Kkinee is a New York based Korean barbeque themed fast casual restaurant chain that offers unique and time-tested Korean dishes using familiar ingredients. Our goal is to define Korean fast casual and make it a top-of-mind option for a convenient, heathy, and delicious meal that is available for take-out, delivery, or dining in. We are building a team of experts devoted to creating a unique product and experience with a plan for rapid expansion: we think good Korean food should be within reach for everyone!
- Head Chef Job Description
At Kkinee, we're in the business of developing leaders, sourcing the absolute best ingredients, and creating the next big thing in fast-casual dining. The Head Chef will report directly to the CEO and oversee all facets of recipe development, operation processes, and kitchen management.
- Consistently maintain high culinary standards, ensuring that all recipes and preparation methods are strictly adhered to.
- Oversee menu research and development
- Train and oversee staff to utilize correct culinary techniques, ensuring that our food is consistently fresh and of high quality.
- Oversee inventory and procurement, ensuring adequate supplies are available for daily operations according to established PAR levels.
- Vet and manage supplier relationships, guaranteeing that all ingredients meet or surpass our quality benchmarks.
- Conduct bi-daily checks and tastings of all menu items to assure quality and adherence to recipes.
- Establish and enforce the company’s kitchen workflow protocols to guarantee efficient and timely operations.
- Develop and apply systems such as preparation sheets, station opening and closing guides, and other regular checklists and processes to minimize food waste
- Report maintenance concerns promptly, ensuring the team has functional equipment at all times.
- Comply with all workplace health and safety guidelines, ensuring the team is well-trained and adhering to food safety standards.
- Create a positive, welcoming atmosphere for both patrons and staff.
- Uphold and promote the company’s ethos and values, establishing a culture of responsibility, excellence, and continuous improvement.
- Engage with guests and external vendors to deliver exceptional service, instilling this customer focus in all team members.
- Oversee recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and training processes for your location.
- Provide consistent coaching and performance reviews to team members.
- Create and manage staff timetables in line with budgetary and operational needs.
- Take ownership of the production processes including consideration for unit economics, labor efficiency, guest experience, and opportunities for technology adoption
- Identify takeaways from P&L statements, pinpointing areas for improvement with a bias for action
- Minimum 3 years in a managerial culinary role.
- Exceptional culinary aptitude with keen attention to details.
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal abilities.
- Proven capacity to inspire and lead a diverse, effective team.
- Organized, results-driven, and able to thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced setting.
- Relevant culinary degree/diploma or equivalent educational experience is a plus.
- Experience in fast casual or quick service restaurants is preferred.
- NYC Food Handlers Certification is mandatory.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline