Chocolate Maker-Chocolatier Xocolatl Chocolate
- Date Posted November 17, 2023
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Chocolate Makers are foundational members of our team at Xocolatl Small Batch Chocolate, where our mission is to produce chocolate that delights and satisfies, discover and share the true value and awesomeness of chocolate, and positively impact livelihoods, health and sustainability through focused growth. The Chocolate Maker-Chocolatier is responsible for implementing Xocolatl Chocolate’s vision for high quality, ethical chocolate and confections. Chocolate making experience is not required, but candidates must have experience in food manufacturing, chocolate confection, or hold a culinary degree.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Consistently execute all chocolate and confection recipes to a high standard.
- Make batches of chocolate, chocolate bars, caramels, truffles and other products.
- Meticulous cleaning of work space and record keeping of batches.
- Operate, clean and sanitize, and maintain chocolate making and confection equipment.
- Work with the Production Coordinator to plan production schedules.
- Other product production duties as needed.
- 1+ years of education/experience in pastry or confection.
- Safe food handling training & certification are preferred but not required.
- Positive, friendly attitude. Self starter, able to work independently or with a team.
- The ability to stand for prolonged periods while working, to lift 25lbs - 50lbs boxes of ingredients, and to do repetitive tasks for extended periods.
Wages, Hours & How to Apply:
- Full-Time positions include paid time off & optional enrollment in our health insurance plan, vision and dental plans after the first 3 months.