Cheesemaker Spring Brook Farm Cheese
- Date Posted November 17, 2023
- Location Reading, VT
- Category Agriculture / Production
- Job type Full-Time
The Cheesemaker is a salaried employee who reports to the Farm Manager for all job duties.
Performing all aspects of cheese making. This includes:
- One or two cheesemaking shifts per week
- One assistant cheesemaking shift per week.
- Participating in routine cleaning, sanitation, record keeping, and food safety procedures/protocols.
- Managing assistant cheesemaker(s).
- Assisting with affinage (cheese aging).
- Helping in the Shipping and Packing room as needed, especially during peak seasons.
- Participating in weekly staff meetings.
- Becoming familiar with SBFC’s Food Safety Plan, joining the SBFC Food Safety Team, and participating in regular Food Safety Team meetings as well as on-going food safety program tasks.
- Potentially taking on some administrative office work and/or social media (based on interest and experience).
- Cheesemaking experience (preferred).
- Familiarity with food safety and HACCP programs. (preferred) and/or willingness to become HACCP and PCQI-certified.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform and problem-solve under pressure.
- Ability to routinely lift 50lbs.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Annual allotment of cheese and maple products
Depends on level of experience. Base starting salary between $45,000 and $50,000 per year.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline