Garden Caretaker Shades of Green Permaculture +4 more
- Date Posted November 17, 2023
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
The role of the Garden Caretaker is to work on the Shades of Green Caretaking Team to help assist and empower our clients in maintaining their gardens in an ecologically friendly way that supports the fundamentals of permaculture design and philosophy. They will help identify plants, pests and diseases; problem solve eco-friendly solutions to common garden pests, diseases or challenges a garden might be facing; gather, assist, and execute ongoing caretaking tasks + materials to facilitate installations. The Garden Caretaker reports directly to the Caretaking Manager and works alongside them, the Assistant Manager or Lead Garden Caretaker while in the field. The Garden Caretaking may work on the installation team, if needed and would report to the Install Manager during active installations.
- This is an entry level position
- Some experience in horticulture, permaculture or landscaping is preferred
- Work requires the ability to lift/carry/wheelbarrow objects routinely weighing 35-50+lbs
- Enjoys working with others as well as independently.
- Has clear + proactive communication skills, good people skills and are committed to leading and empowering the Garden
- Caretaking team and clients with knowledge
- Enjoys working outdoors in a wide range of weather conditions
- Detail-oriented + takes pride in the work they do
- This is an ideal position if you are interested in learning more about permaculture techniques, and their application.
The Garden Caretaker is accountable to the following work:
- Foster an excellent customer experience through dynamic service and holistic property care.
- Make sure all caretaking duties are carried out in accordance with Shades of Green Permaculture’s standard operating and safety procedures.
- Work with a team to deliver ongoing care for clients that empowers and supports knowledge of their landscape.
- Store materials at HQ shop and load/unload truck, keeping space organized
- Know job names
- Adhere to timelines and caretaking standards
Communication and Job Tracking
- Enter time and any expenses by the end of each day under appropriate project
- Respond promptly to emails
- Check calendar regularly to anticipate upcoming work
- Defer all client questions to Caretaking Manager or Assistant Manager/Lead
- Maintain a positive attitude, enthusiasm and gratitude
- All communication with clients is kind, considerate, polite, and professional
- Wear steel toe/composite toe boots when onsite
- Wear appropriate safety gear (i.e. goggles, ear plugs, long sleeves, gloves, sunscreen, etc.)
- Visibly wear the Shades of Green shirt while on job sites
- Arrive promptly
- Stay on task with limited to no cell phone use while onsite at a client appointment
- Utilize non-violent methods of communication and interaction when conflict arises
- Maintain a positive attitude with solutions-driven communication
- Participate in monthly 1:1 feedback sessions
- Review and sign the Employee Handbook
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline