Executive Coordinator San Luis Valley Local Foods Coalition
- Date Posted November 17, 2023
- Location Alamosa, CO
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
The mission of the San Luis Valley Local Food Coalition is to foster an equitable local food system that restores the health of the people, community, economy, and ecosystem. Founded in 2009 as a grassroots gathering of farmers, school food-service directors, the local food bank, community garden staff, nutrition educators, nonprofits, business owners, and interested community members, the Local Foods Coalition has worked to recapture a connection that San Luis Valley residents have historically had with the seed, the dirt, the farmer, the animal, and the story of where and how their food is grown.
This is accomplished through The Rio Grande Farm Park, a farm incubator and educational farm; the Valley Roots Food Hub, an aggregation and distribution service; Cooking Matters, a bilingual cooking and nutrition education program; and Local Foods Local Places, an economic development and strategic planning effort. Together we are making a significant contribution to the San Luis Valley and the state of Colorado.
Find more information at slvlocalfoods.org.
About the position
The Executive Coordinator will be responsible for administrative support to the Executive Director, with duties in three main areas: bookkeeping and budget management, individual giving fundraising, and project and partner management. They will invoice and channel over a million dollars in annual Federal, State, and private grant funding to the LFC’s many programs in a clear and efficient way. They will also establish an equitable fundraising strategy which deepens the commitment of existing donors, maximizes the number of supporters overall, and develops opportunities for all to participate. And they will track and organize data for grant reports, board meetings, and budgeting sessions.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain accurate files and databases to ensure that all relevant contract documents and amendments are properly filed and organized
- Prepare invoices based on contract terms and guidelines, and assist Finance Director and Executive Coordinator in verifying billable items, calculating costs, and creating billing statements
- Coordinate individual fundraiser efforts, including the annual Colorado Gives campaign and the LOCAL! Harvest Festival
- Prepare gratitude communications and track donors; improve donor stewardship and retention efforts using the DonorPerfect software; process eligible Colorado Enterprise Zone contributions
- Work with the Executive Director and program leadership on annual budgets and resource development plans.
- Support Executive Director and Development Director in ensuring program staff are on track to complete grant deliverables and reporting
- Support the Equity/HR Coordinator in managing the “pod” system, through which staff provide organizational leadership.
- Support the RGFP, VRFH, CM and LFLP projects as needed.
- Manage the LFC’s main office space, including ordering supplies and coordinating interior design improvements
- Other duties as emerge in a dynamic community setting.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proficiency in financial calculations and budgeting, with strong attention to detail
- Substantial experience with Google Suite/Microsoft Office software, especially spreadsheets
- Familiarity with nonprofit grant management, donor relations, and fundraising
- The ability to maintain accurate records and prepare timely and meaningful reports
- Comfortable with planning, organizing, and communicating in a fast-paced environment
- Team player able to work collaboratively and maintain a positive attitude with diverse colleagues and community members
- Passion for SLVLFC’s mission and core values
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred, but not required
Hours - 32 hours per week, including occasional evenings and weekends. Potential for more hours depending on experience and interest.
- $25 per hour
- Sixteen days of paid time off per year for personal holidays and sick leave (twenty days if working 40 hours per week)
- Nine paid federal holidays per year.
- Health and dental insurance with 50% of premiums for the employee covered.
- A Roth Individual Retirement Account (IRA) through Colorado SecureSavings.
- A 20% discount at the Valley Roots Food Hub, which offers food and related products from over 100 family farms and ranches
- Reimbursement for work-related travel (not including regular commuting to LFC locations)
- Opportunity for some remote work
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline