Program Evaluator FoodCorps
- Date Posted November 30, 2023
- Location Anywhere
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
FoodCorps partners with schools and communities to nourish kids’ health, education, and sense of belonging so that every child, in every school, experiences the joy and power of food. Our AmeriCorps members serve alongside educators and school nutrition leaders to provide kids with nourishing meals, food education, and culturally affirming experiences with food that celebrate and nurture the whole child. Building on this direct service, FoodCorps advocates for policy change, grows networks, and develops leaders in service of every kid’s health and wellbeing. Our goal is that by 2030, every child will have access to food education and nourishing food in school!Job description
You are an aspiring mixed-methods program evaluator who is passionate about FoodCorps’ mission. You have experience measuring social justice outcomes in public health, education, adult learning, or related fields. You believe that building power in historically excluded communities is a key strategy for achieving equity and liberation. You are fluent in both the qualitative and quantitative domains, and you have a knack for knowing which approach is right for the question at hand. You’re a collaborative project manager who can take on everything from the big picture to the small details, keeping many projects moving at one time. You are an active listener, operate from a learning orientation, and are comfortable using different approaches across multiple programmatic or stakeholder needs. You like rolling up your sleeves and digging into the details of data analysis work. You understand that, as an internal evaluator, it is essential to build long-lasting, trusting relationships with partners and colleagues.
- Collaborate with program leads to ensure the data we collect is useful and can be incorporated in ongoing program improvement efforts.
- Design and manage an evaluation practice that aims to undo systems of oppression, avoids harm to marginalized groups, and brings the organization closer to its anti-racism ideals.
- Manage FoodCorps annual alumni survey, ensuring that the data we collect is responsive to the needs of our organizational goals, internal stakeholders, and external stakeholders
- Analyze annual alumni survey data, develop responsive reports, and share results internally and externally
- Further develop and implement the evaluation plan for our network of BIPOC school nutrition professionals, including quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Implement the Service Member training and professional development evaluation plan, including the design and administration of feedback surveys, ongoing data analysis, and sharing results with internal stakeholders.
- In collaboration with systems and evaluation colleagues, design and maintain data dashboards to visualize change over time for our power building efforts.
- Design and lead opportunities that build a culture of data informed decision making at FoodCorps.
- Conduct literature reviews and background research to inform the evidence base for our power building efforts and program development needs
- Ensure discreet handling of original data and participant feedback, and maintain best practices in evaluation technology such as Qualtrics, Google Suite, Salesforce, and Tableau