Communications Specialist Fresh Approach
- Date Posted February 02, 2024
- Location Concord, CA
- Category Media / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
We work passionately to connect farmers & communities through nourishing food!
Guided by the communities we serve, and in collaboration with other nonprofits, government agencies, and health systems, we are building resilient food and farming systems through healthy food access, nutrition education, urban agriculture, and community engagement.
Through traditional farmers’ markets and mobile farmers’ markets, expanded fruit & veggie cost-savings programs, and statewide coordination of emergency food assistance networks, our Food & Farming initiatives strive to bring locally-grown produce to neighborhoods that lack accessible and affordable nourishing food options.
Our Education & Engagement programming nourishes community involvement, cultivates leadership opportunities, and shares skill-building resources for individuals and families to embrace more healthy and sustainable lifestyles for their needs.
We’re seeking folks to join our team who value diversity, equity, and inclusivity in all aspects of their work, including being committed to fostering an environment in which community members and co-workers from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive.
Fresh Approach is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Fresh Approach is looking to find a creative and passionate Communications Specialist to support the marketing and narrative development of our diverse array of programming and fund development initiatives. This position is responsible for managing our social media channels, facilitating internal and external marketing requests from staff, uplifting our programming and community members with narrative storytelling, and supporting our individual donor engagement activities. Through these projects and tasks, this individual will be consistently co-creating and collaborating with fellow staff, while upholding the Fresh Approach brand.
Social Media Management & Marketing Processes
- Create, schedule, publish, and share social media content (original text, images, videos, reels, or stories) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to engage with us.
- Lead the development of the monthly editorial calendar with collaborative support from the Marketing & Communications Manager. This responsibility includes monitoring analytics and pivoting content in response, and ensuring content captures Fresh Approach’s narrative.
- Lead the fulfillment of minor internal marketing requests from staff, including digital media and physical promotions, such as social media posts, print posters, and flyers.
Narrative Content Development
- The specialist will gather content from interviewing program participants, community members, and staff by regularly attending in-person workshops, classes, and farmers' markets to draft and publish email newsletters for individual donor impact emails, social media posts, and blog articles.
Individual Donor Engagement Communications and Initiatives
- Support in the coordination of planning for fundraiser events and donor engagement activities, including but not limited to drafting email correspondence with donors, fundraising appeals, sharing impact stories from our programs, annual report narrative and content collection, and onsite event operations.