Permaculture Farm Hand Namchak
- Date Posted February 06, 2024
- Location Hot Springs, MT
- Category Agriculture / Education
- Job type Summer Job
The Permaculture Farm Hand will play a significant support role in the overall farming operation of the Namchak Retreat Ranch. The main goal of this position is to focus on assisting with the general upkeep of the food forest permaculture sites and annual growing beds, in addition to completing general labor tasks. We are looking for a highly self-motivated individual willing to be flexible in weekly tasks.
Duties of the Permaculture Farm Hand
- Assist in all aspects of the permaculture program
- Support the Permaculture Program Manager in the implementation of food forest systems
- General weeding and weed control monitoring
- Assist in animal husbandry program
- Install annual vegetable beds
- Perform pest management tasks
- Compost tea and fertilizer application
- General cleaning of animal stalls
- Compost collection
- Fence maintenance
- Watering new plantings
- Installation of permaculture designs
- Native and non-native plant propagation
- Seed collection
- Assist in landscape implementation as new buildings are constructed
- General manual labor within permaculture sites
- Trash and Mircro trash cleanup
- Assist in general maintenance and construction with other Departments when needed
- Technical Skills - tries to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and deals with problems in a timely manner.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification when needed.
- Interpersonal Skills - Remains open to others ideas and represents the organization positively within the community.
- Diversity – Shows respect for cultural differences.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well to the pressure of the position.
- Teamwork – Open to others views and ideas; Gives and welcomes feedback from fellow co-workers; Contributes to building a positive team environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity; Keeps commitments; Upholds the organization's values.
- Quality – Completes work in a timely manner; Works quickly on tasks.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures, Uses equipment properly.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, quickly responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary; Takes responsibility for actions; Keeps commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr
Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineMarch 13, 2024