Editorial Assistant St. Martin's Press
- Date Posted April 22, 2014
- Location New York, NY
- Category Media
- Job Type Full-Time
Cookstr is hiring an extremely well-organized, creative and independently motivated editorial assistant. You’ll work on the consumer-facing recipe website Cookstr.com, as well as helping with the editorial process for a number of books (not just cookbooks, but many different genres) that we’re working to publish in partnership with various Macmillan imprints.
- Be adaptable, thorough, and deadline-conscious, with the ability to work independently as well as take direction
- Need a lot of creative drive, energy, and top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- Have a working knowledge of basic CMS tools, Excel, and ideally Adobe programs, or ability to learn with proven technical aptitude in other areas
- Be passionate and opinionated about food and media
- General administrative support
- Writing preliminary cover copy
- Preparing copy for tip sheets and preliminary catalog copy
- Routing manuscripts through the production process
- Logging and keeping track of contracts and deal memos
- Ordering books
- Proofreading communications
- Maintaining a professional relationship with authors
- Creating Powerpoint and other visual presentations
- Writing articles around Cookstr recipes for various web publications (approximately 2 per week)
- Regular and daily generation of targeted content for Cookstr’s Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other social media channels.
- Engagement of Cookstr users on various social media platforms. Do we not have a social media presence somewhere we should? Change it!
- Planning and execution of promotional campaigns for various cookbooks on Cookstr.com and in our Cookstr Weekly newsletter
- Management of Cookstr’s Food and Fiction Goodreads group