Part-Time Floor Staff Bom Dia Market
- Date Posted September 09, 2014
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Business
- Job Type Part-Time
About Bom Dia Market
Bom Dia Market offers urban communities convenient access to delicious and healthy food, beverages, and essential housewares--all in a compact, clean and well-organized footprint. Our markets stock hand-selected local and international beer, wine, tea and coffee, prepared foods, limited seasonal produce, fresh cheese, local bread, and an array of home necessities including toiletries, herbal and over-the-counter remedies, and cleaning supplies. Bom Dia Market is opening its first market in Noe Valley in November 2014.
The founder is a long-time San Franciscan and food lover with strong leadership experience in design, food, finance, technology, and operations. TheBom Dia Market team is passionate about taste, quality, neighborhoods, simplicity, honesty, and generosity.
Floor Staff Position Description
Floor Staff at Bom Dia Market will be responsible for providing exceptional service to our customers on the sales floor, behind the coffee bar, at the deli, and at the cash registers. Floor staff will be flexible and able to work a variety of different positions in the market, based on the needs of the day.
This is a part-time hourly position starting at $14/hour. Bom Dia Market offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience. Full-time positions also available.
Floor Staff will focus on:
- Maintaining relationships with customers, ensuring that all guests feel welcome and receive excellent customer service
- Knowing the product assortment, including produce, dry goods, beer and wine, health and beauty, and household items, in order to provide recommendations, cooking suggestions or pairings, and product/vendor information
- Assisting with receiving and stocking deliveries for both dry and refrigerated products
- Helping make and serve beverages, including coffee and espresso drinks
- Serving in the deli, with light prep work and the ability to execute sandwich and salad dishes, weigh out and wrap prepared foods, and provide product recommendations for customers
- Ringing up customers accurately, efficiently, and politely at the registers, while handling cash, bagging groceries, doing side-work, and wrapping flowers
- Helping with the maintenance of facilities and equipment, while ensuring a safe and sanitary work environment
Qualifications and skills:
- Passion for good food, urban living, and creating innovative experiences and spaces
- Proactive, friendly nature, and flexibility in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and strong organization skills, meticulous and detail-oriented
- 1-2+ years of work experience in a food retail or cafe environment with cash handling, beverage making, and receiving/stocking experience