Social Media Internship Edible Manhattan + Edible Brooklyn
- Date Posted November 23, 2015
- Location New York, NY
- Category Media
- Job Type Internship/Apprentice
- Maintain and promote the Edible voice via Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
- On Twitter and Facebook, tweet/post at least once per hour M-F from 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.; can be scheduled in advance via Hootsuite
- Make sure all archives, photo-rich and new content (as appropriate) are posted to Pinterest. Keep an eye on analytics and add to/build new boards accordingly.
- Regularly engage with followers (especially on Twitter) by liking, retweeting, responding, etc.
- Support advertiser promotions with additional posts as needed
- Provide additional social media coverage of our events
- Live in New York City
- Six month commitment, minimum
- Passionate and knowledgeable about social media and how it’s evolving
- Strong interest and awareness of food and drink in New York City
- Ability to work remotely
- Comfortable acting independently on behalf of the publication on social media
Proven social media experience, especially on behalf of an organization; curiosity and passion toward the space. Strong and fast writer. The candidate should also be knowledgeable about the kind of content covered in Edible Manhattan and Edible Brooklyn: local food, farmers markets, community gardens, artisan ingredients, small-batch booze, local food policy. (In other words, knows a serrano from a habanero at 20 paces, knows the difference between fair trade and estate-grown coffee, understands why New Yorkers have many better seafood choices than imported farmed salmon.)
$300/month stipend. Getting to learn and implement cutting-edge social media strategies. Opportunities for byline and paid writing. Work and meet with a team of super-smart, fun, food-loving folks. Potential promotion of personal social media channels. Help build out the emerging digital side of a respected, James Beard Award–winning media brand. Free passes for all Edible events (tickets range from $5 - $75 per event). This person will also receive a free one-year subscription to all four of our titles: Edible Manhattan, Edible Brooklyn, Edible Long Island and Edible East End.
Compensation this position is PAID: stipend How to apply